Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video: Will Buckley's goal in slow-mo

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Trying out the slow-motion feature on my wife's camcorder yesterday, I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to catch the goal with it!

[yt]zNkknWFNoyo[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did you stop filming or is there more, I love seeing the crowds reaction in the background when a goal like that goes in.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That is a work of art, that is. Would also love to see more if possible. Absolutely beautiful.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckely passes to Smith (who must surely score!) but Williamson intervenes for the second year in succession for Newcastle).

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
The slow-motion feature just captures a few seconds at a high frame rate from when you press the record button. I would prefer to be able to press slow-mo WHILE it's recording (ie, continuous normal speed before and after), but, hey, this is only a home camcorder, not professional equipment.

..so I was extremely lucky to have pressed the button at exactly the right moment to capture right through to the ball hitting the back of the net. Would have been great to get the crowd reaction afterwards as well, but the camcorder was busy buffering and then showing the slow-mo clip.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The slow-motion feature just captures a few seconds at a high frame rate from when you press the record button. I would prefer to be able to press slow-mo WHILE it's recording (ie, continuous normal speed before and after), but, hey, this is only a home camcorder, not professional equipment.

Thanks for explaining it. I always wondered what the difference between recording in slow-motion and putting footage into slow-motion when editing. It looks different but I didn't know why until now :thumbsup:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Trying out the slow-motion feature on my wife's camcorder yesterday, I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to catch the goal with it!

:thumbsup:Great video.
In a way it is a shame Williamson got the block, because that was heading straight for CMS, and a tap in, which would have given him some much needed confidence. However as the great wise one once said, 'Never moan about a goal.'
:clap2:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Great video. I must've been standing only 10 yards to your right, as that's almost the exact view I had. Marvellous scenes!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

..so I was extremely lucky to have pressed the button at exactly the right moment to capture right through to the ball hitting the back of the net. Would have been great to get the crowd reaction afterwards as well, but the camcorder was busy buffering and then showing the slow-mo clip.

You'll have to collect the rest of the highlights from Youtube etc, pop them altogether and you'll have a lovely bit of footage!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
impressive quality, which camcord is it?

DanielT

SHAMBLES... couldn't you have bought the pro version!? completely RUINED that moment for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here