Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Victoria Wood has died

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone know the name of her song about the wife who got up and cooked breakfast for her old man, as she had done for years, and then remembered that he had died the day before? A very moving and poignant song that I first heard about thirty years ago, but I can't remember what it's called,so can't find it on you tube etc

RIP Victoria

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
RIP Victoria. Very sad news.

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know the name of her song about the wife who got up and cooked breakfast for her old man, as she had done for years, and then remembered that he had died the day before? A very moving and poignant song that I first heard about thirty years ago, but I can't remember what it's called,so can't find it on you tube etc

RIP Victoria

It's called Love Song and here is the YouTube clip for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFK-zqT6A3s

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Met her once, quite randomly. She was immediately charming, engaging and very naughty, lots of saucy humour - great British talent, she'll be sadly missed.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One of my earliest comedy memories was my mum watching a Victoria Wood video, and her performing The Ballad of Barry & Freda - even at a young age i found it hilarious. Such a talent and taken way too soon.

RIP. The big man up there is taking the piss now.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I do realise that it's verboten to say anything negative on here about any celebrity who has died (as I found out when I dared express an opinion that I didn't think much of David Bowie), but in an effort to permit free speech on NSC I would like to express my opinion that she was one of the least funny people on TV, equalled only by Miranda and Mrs Brown.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh just **** off cancer will you.
RIP Victoria

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I do realise that it's verboten to say anything negative on here about any celebrity who has died (as I found out when I dared express an opinion that I didn't think much of David Bowie), but in an effort to permit free speech on NSC I would like to express my opinion that she was one of the least funny people on TV, equalled only by Miranda and Mrs Brown.

Of course you can express your opinion, pretty much about anything, but why express it on a thread where others are paying their respect and tributes to her? if you dont find her funny, fair enough, but maybe this thread is not the time to do it?

I don't like cricket, in 12 years of me being on NSC you will not see me saying anything on a cricket thread, I avoid them (unless I have to partake as a Moderator of course) quite simply just avoid David Bowie and Victoria Wood "respect" threads............simples :thumbsup:

RIP Victoria, you did make me laugh, far to young as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What a nasty person you are.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

'If you haven't got anything nice to say, then say nothing at all'.

You would be doing yourself an enormous favour if you could remember that.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In the spirit of your free speech plea:

Pretty much every post you make makes me glad I don't know you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You're free to say whatever you like about her, so stop playing the victim card.

Your post has nothing to do with permitting free speech on NSC and everything to do with continuing to reveal what a bitter, malevolent and miserable life you lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here