Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Victoria Line closed in that there London - for highly unusual reason

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Knew you'd be there quickly to leap to the defense of some incompetent travel company :thumbsup:

How can i defend incompetent builders ? Just saying that it isnt actually TFLs fault for once - probably the best excuse ive ever heard though, perhaps First Capital Connect should take note, maybe Network Rail could get some ideas too.

On the subject of builders, they caused a fire at where I work today - bad day all round for them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Look on the bright side.

Fare increases will be limited to 17.9% as a result of this. Plus VAT. Plus service cuts.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I know this is going to cause a huge disruption, but it's still absolutely hilarious. The sheer level of incompetence from those with the concrete is brilliant.

Does anyone know if there's a solution? Do they have a backup signalling room? I'd assume so for contingencies.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a spillage on the M25, junction 8, this afternoon which closed it for hours.

Diesel leaking from a truck. Not really on the same scale of buffoonery.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Might explain the "flooding" though - be better off if TFL were honest and say some contractors they appointed have literally no idea what they are doing !!

well, it is flooded with concreate :FFSPuncheon

at work we speculated that the nearby work had ripped a main. anywho... whats this mean for tomorrow? doesnt look like an easy fix.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
well, it is flooded with concreate :FFSPuncheon

at work we speculated that the nearby work had ripped a main. anywho... whats this mean for tomorrow? doesnt look like an easy fix.

I got on (and then back off again) at Euston. They said no trains until tommorrow morning at the earliest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Warren Street to Brixton is closed.

Went to London Bridge to get home

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
How can i defend incompetent builders ? Just saying that it isnt actually TFLs fault for once - probably the best excuse ive ever heard though, perhaps First Capital Connect should take note, maybe Network Rail could get some ideas too.

On the subject of builders, they caused a fire at where I work today - bad day all round for them.

Who are TLF"s?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's highly unusual about rank incompetence on the railways?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
It was even more mental than usual at Victoria tonight with everyone piling onto the District and Circle line trains. Well worth avoiding if you're heading up to London tomorrow morning.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bev1WHSIUAAJd60.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here