Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's post match interview

Feb 14, 2010
Fair enough. On the question of injuries there has clearly been a problem. However I maintain that at least some of our better signings have been attracted to the club as a result of the great man being here. When Vicente signed, I was so excited because I remembered the match when he played against man u at Old Trafford and in a team of stars he was simply outstanding. The only player I can compare him to in terms of ability and skill and the excitement I feel when he plays or receives the ball is Wardy. There has been a long time since I felt anything like that in football. I was a child when I felt like that last but now I'm 46 and the same feeling is back. I dare say if I was a man u fan I would be desensitized to the feeling but for me, an Albion fan, it is novel and wonderful and I don't want it to stop. I simply love watching the magic that is Vicente and personally I would pay an extra 100 on my season ticket even if he only played 10 times.

Gotsmanov and Lawrenson both as good and they earned their corn when with us. Vicente has half a season to make up for the last 18 months.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gotsmanov and Lawrenson both as good and they earned their corn when with us. Vicente has half a season to make up for the last 18 months.

Lawrenson was in my opinion world class. I loved Gotsmanov as a player but I do not agree that he was as good as Vicente, not even nearly. Neither of them had the same level of skill or dribbling ability that Vicente possesses (it's an unfair comparison as far as Lawrenson goes as he was a defender). Having been around to watch Wardy play, I believe the only other player we've had since who is able to create such a buzz when he gets the ball, is Vicente.

Feb 14, 2010
Lawrenson was in my opinion world class. I loved Gotsmanov as a player but I do not agree that he was as good as Vicente, not even nearly. Neither of them had the same level of skill or dribbling ability that Vicente possesses (it's an unfair comparison as far as Lawrenson goes as he was a defender). Having been around to watch Wardy play, I believe the only other player we've had since who is able to create such a buzz when he gets the ball, is Vicente.

Have to disagree with Gotsmanov.I remember him taking the ball past 4 to 5 players and slotting it past the keeper (I actually think it was Hull at home - he celebrated before putting the ball in the net!). Also he played for Russia, when Russia were one of the best sides in the world. Agree Vicente is or perhaps was quality. I only say was because he has hardly done enough for Brighton to even judge him properly. Dont get me wrong, I hope he justifies his wages over the next few months and gets us promoted. If we had Gotsmanov or Lawrenson then I think play offs, with the quality of this current side, would be an absolute given, if not automatic. So I just say, go on Vicente, prove that you are as good as Gotsmanov or Lawrenson for us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Mods: Can I just add that the above was my first post using Safari on my mac (usually on Chrome), I clicked 'Go Advanced' and submitted the post. It hung for a while, I didn't click it twice or anything and it's posted the video 3 times instead of 1.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have to disagree with Gotsmanov.I remember him taking the ball past 4 to 5 players and slotting it past the keeper (I actually think it was Hull at home - he celebrated before putting the ball in the net!). Also he played for Russia, when Russia were one of the best sides in the world. Agree Vicente is or perhaps was quality. I only say was because he has hardly done enough for Brighton to even judge him properly. Dont get me wrong, I hope he justifies his wages over the next few months and gets us promoted. If we had Gotsmanov or Lawrenson then I think play offs, with the quality of this current side, would be an absolute given, if not automatic. So I just say, go on Vicente, prove that you are as good as Gotsmanov or Lawrenson for us.

As I said,I loved Gotsmanov. I am not basing my opinion of Vicente just on what he has done for us but rather on his history with Valencia and his ability. Out of interest, how many times did Gotsmanov pay for us? It can't have been many.

Feb 14, 2010
As I said,I loved Gotsmanov. I am not basing my opinion of Vicente just on what he has done for us but rather on his history with Valencia and his ability. Out of interest, how many times did Gotsmanov pay for us? It can't have been many.

Yes, not many. Memory fades and plays tricks but I think he turned up half way through a season out of the blue and was just head and shoulders above anything on the park. Especially in our side that was frankly dreadful. I think he then left to go to America after the half a season. I could and probably am wrong tho'

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, not many. Memory fades and plays tricks but I think he turned up half way through a season out of the blue and was just head and shoulders above anything on the park. Especially in our side that was frankly dreadful. I think he then left to go to America after the half a season. I could and probably am wrong tho'

I think he played less than half a season but I'm not sure. Southampton stole him from us. :(

I think it is worth pointing out that the second division was not as good then as it is now.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Mods: Can I just add that the above was my first post using Safari on my mac (usually on Chrome), I clicked 'Go Advanced' and submitted the post. It hung for a while, I didn't click it twice or anything and it's posted the video 3 times instead of 1.

I could watch it all night so not to worry:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here