Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If Gus thinks he can play 90 minutes he will start tonight. If he feels he is not ready to last the full pace he won't. I'd love to see him on at the start of a game but if all we get is 30 minute cameos then I can settle for that too.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Not convinced I'd play him for 90 against Millwall, I'd bring him on later for a physical starter after we've started to impose ourselves.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Hope he is fit for tonight, if he starts we could really put this one to bed 1st half. Hopefully Vokes to get off the mark, CMS with another, Vicente 5 assists

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not sure if he will or won't start tonight - that will be down to fitness. But is anyone is suggesting he should not start tonight in order to SAVE him for the Liverpool game then they can jog on. FA Cup is a nice (sort of) distraction but doesn't come anywhere near being as important as the League.

Last time we got all excited about liverpool game we floundered for weeks thereafter. League first - FA Cup for fun please.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Think he'll be on the bench again tonight, but will come on the pitch with 30 minutes left and score his first blinding goal at the Amex just for us!

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I'm not sure if he will or won't start tonight - that will be down to fitness. But is anyone is suggesting he should not start tonight in order to SAVE him for the Liverpool game then they can jog on. FA Cup is a nice (sort of) distraction but doesn't come anywhere near being as important as the League.

Last time we got all excited about liverpool game we floundered for weeks thereafter. League first - FA Cup for fun please.

Didn't look at it this way. Fair point, however I just thought we can get a result without him tonight, but his class will be needed more at Afield.

Be nice to see regular 90 mins out of him, unlikely though.

Class player he is vicente

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I actually prefer him as a sub really. Partly I'm not convinced that he can cope with the 90 yet, but even if he could I think he's a HUGE shock to other teams when he comes on for the last 30. Even if their expecting him to play it must be much trickier to adjust in the middle of the match than if you know he's in the starting line-up.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I actually prefer him as a sub really. Partly I'm not convinced that he can cope with the 90 yet, but even if he could I think he's a HUGE shock to other teams when he comes on for the last 30. Even if their expecting him to play it must be much trickier to adjust in the middle of the match than if you know he's in the starting line-up.

Totally agree with this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Gus thinks he can play 90 minutes he will start tonight. If he feels he is not ready to last the full pace he won't. I'd love to see him on at the start of a game but if all we get is 30 minute cameos then I can settle for that too.

I would like to agree with that as I think the league is what matters to the club, but despite all the rhetoric I think Gus will have an eye to Sunday and letting el punal loose for a full 90 minutes at Anfield.

Another 30 minute cameo tonight I suspect.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I worry that many on here think tonight is a formality. Nowhere near. Millwall have proved with results at Southampton recently in the cup that they are no push-over. They will be organised, tough, physical and hard to break down. I just wonder how long our ludicrous 90 minute escapades can go on for and it would be great to see us dismantle a team in 30 minutes and then see the game out quietly. However i doubt that will be tonight. Any team can and has been beating any team in this division. Remember Forest? WAtford away? Coventry away? Supposedly rubbish sides and they gave us a right seeing to

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I worry that many on here think tonight is a formality. Nowhere near. Millwall have proved with results at Southampton recently in the cup that they are no push-over. They will be organised, tough, physical and hard to break down. I just wonder how long our ludicrous 90 minute escapades can go on for and it would be great to see us dismantle a team in 30 minutes and then see the game out quietly. However i doubt that will be tonight. Any team can and has been beating any team in this division. Remember Forest? WAtford away? Coventry away? Supposedly rubbish sides and they gave us a right seeing to

I think the difference is that the players appear more confident. Navarro being a great example with his attempts from outside the box..... I would love to see us methodically take a team apart, and on current form that could happen tonight HOWEVER anything can happen this season in the Championship (the results you've highlighted being good examples)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I think this is a genuine worry. However listening to Gus's comments he certainly appears to be taking Millwall very seriously indeed. Also when the opposition have a player in the form that Henderson is you have to take care.

I think it's vital that we really attack them from the off and get them o the back foot. If we are slow out of the blocks (as we are won't to do) then we may give Millwall the confidence we need.

This game is a very good test of our temperament and I think we will learn quite a bit about our side tonight. The good thing is that ALL our league games are cup finals at the moment, each and every one is vital given the closeness of the league. Exciting times!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Hope he is fit for tonight, if he starts we could really put this one to bed 1st half. Hopefully Vokes to get off the mark, CMS with another, Vicente 5 assists

Shirley he'll assist more than half of our goals? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here