Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I keep looking at this picture, it's mesmerising.

0,,10433~10477721,00.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are there any other injured players whom it's right and normal to call "c*nts" for being injured? Elphick perhaps?

Anyway, this new German doctor chappy is the REAL hero at the club now.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011

0,,10433~10477721,00.jpg

Vicente has so much ability. Makes it look so easy. What a Privelige to see such a quality player in an Albion shirt. A sign how far our fantastic club has come in last few years. I'm absolutely choofing bouncing!!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

0,,10433~10477721,00.jpg

I bloody love this photo, thank you. He is without doubt, one of the most gifted players ever to grace the Albion shirt. I hope he stays fit, plays the rest of the season and signs a new contract. But even if he never plays for us again I will remember his goal at Ipswich and his brilliant cameos for the rest of my days.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Calm down guys - this is a great time to follow the Albion - don't spoil it by fighting amongst yourselves x
Hush love, men talking.

If we're honest we've all probably had our doubts about Vicente
Personally I didn't (I wasn't sure he'd play, I just assumed he was injured), but I've no problem with those that had doubts. But I do have a problem when fans call someone as great a Vicente Vicunte. If Tony he says he was wrong to say it, then fine. If not, his choice, but we don't have to like it.

PS - nearly forgot, 100% joking Lady Gull ;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hush love, men talking.

Personally I didn't (I wasn't sure he'd play, I just assumed he was injured), but I've no problem with those that had doubts. But I do have a problem when fans call someone as great a Vicente Vicunte. If Tony he says he was wrong to say it, then fine. If not, his choice, but we don't have to like it. [\QUOTE]

As you have made a very reasoned post then im happy to admit it was wrong. Personally im loving the fact that he is making the naysayers like me eat my words long may it continue! Seems nav did two years ago and now vicente. Right where has that harley got to...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As you have made a very reasoned post then im happy to admit it was wrong. Personally im loving the fact that he is making the naysayers like me eat my words long may it continue! Seems nav did two years ago and now vicente. Right where has that harley got to...
It's not about being wrong about whether a player is good enough. We're all going to do that. Including managers. But even if Vicente never played for us again, it was wrong to be so rude about him. Anyway, I'll try and move on.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hush love, men talking.

Personally I didn't (I wasn't sure he'd play, I just assumed he was injured), but I've no problem with those that had doubts. But I do have a problem when fans call someone as great a Vicente Vicunte. If Tony he says he was wrong to say it, then fine. If not, his choice, but we don't have to like it.

PS - nearly forgot, 100% joking Lady Gull ;)

When he signed for us at Gatwick! I was thinking to myself why would a player of his pedigree want to play for us? A player who had played 30 odd times for his country, played in the Champions League etc, why Brighton? Freezing cold in the winter, in the 2nd tier of English football, why us? Obviously he wanted to regain his fitness and Gus convinced him he could do that with us, fair play to Gus. I got the impression that Vicente thought wtf am I doing here, 1 week were playing Liverpool, the next week were 1-0 up and lose 1-3 against Ipswich after he scored a belter! He seemed to disappear off the radar after that. I have never slated Vicente nor would I, I'm absolutely delighted he still pulls on the stripes and gives it his all. I've been watching the Albion for 30 odd years and without doubt Vicente is one of the greatest players I have ever seen in the famous stripes, long may it continue :)

Feb 14, 2010
Obviously a great player, as he has played a Champions League Final. All time greatest player would probably go to Sergei Gotsmanov as he won the European Cup and got in a truly great USSR team. Lawrenson and some of Charlie Webb's 1910 Champions Of England all conquering heroes have to get a mention as well. Vicente must have a shout at joining Sergei. To do that however he must genuinely win games single handed and be laughably the best player on the pitch... oh well maybe..

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Obviously a great player, as he has played a Champions League Final. All time greatest player would probably go to Sergei Gotsmanov as he won the European Cup and got in a truly great USSR team. Lawrenson and some of Charlie Webb's 1910 Champions Of England all conquering heroes have to get a mention as well. Vicente must have a shout at joining Sergei. To do that however he must genuinely win games single handed and be laughably the best player on the pitch... oh well maybe..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When he signed for us at Gatwick! I was thinking to myself why would a player of his pedigree want to play for us? A player who had played 30 odd times for his country, played in the Champions League etc, why Brighton? Freezing cold in the winter, in the 2nd tier of English football, why us?
I just figured that as good as he is, he's no longer good enough for a top 6 premiership club. Which means either an also ran club where he'd fight for his place, needing to play 90 mins, or a Championship side where he could ease in, playing 20 mins here and there to get started. I certainly didn't think it was so he could deliberately sit on the bench. He earned good money throughout a great career, he doesn't need the wages we pay (whereas someone like Glenn Murray does). He proved that he likes to stay at a club and settle by staying at Valencia and rejecting clubs like Utd, so having native speaking manager/assistant etc settled it.

Obviously a great player, as he has played a Champions League Final. All time greatest player would probably go to Sergei Gotsmanov as he won the European Cup and got in a truly great USSR team.
We've got a Russian international. How the hell did we sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports