Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because we have not broken the bank for ANYONE, and we are unlikely to have done it for a player who has been troubled by injury for the last 3 years. Do you think Tony Bloom is an idiot?

No i dont think TB is an idiot. But no-one knows what Vicente earns do they? So no-one can say if its value for money or not or breaking the clubs bank. I suspect he is very well paid and I suspect he signed for us as we were probably the only club not to offer him a pay per play deal. I suspect everyone at the club knew it was a risk, I suspect that TB is pissed off that Vicente has not played more games as we all are. In my opinion with absolutely no inside knowledge, I suspect that Vicente takes up a substantial cost that could have been used to bring in less risky alternatives. I hope he plays for the rest of the season and is single handedly responsible for us getting promoted to the premier league....

Just out of interest would you want to take up the second year option on Vicente now?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No i dont think TB is an idiot. But no-one knows what Vicente earns do they? So no-one can say if its value for money or not or breaking the clubs bank. I suspect he is very well paid and I suspect he signed for us as we were probably the only club not to offer him a pay per play deal. I suspect everyone at the club knew it was a risk, I suspect that TB is pissed off that Vicente has not played more games as we all are. In my opinion with absolutely no inside knowledge, I suspect that Vicente takes up a substantial cost that could have been used to bring in less risky alternatives. I hope he plays for the rest of the season and is single handedly responsible for us getting promoted to the premier league....

Just out of interest would you want to take up the second year option on Vicente now?

If we can get 10 appearances out of him the rest of this season and the medical staff believe there is no longer term injury problems there, I would be delighted if he got another year. You just need to look at what he can do when he has played, and the impact he has, and assume he has had some positive impact on the training ground, to think its a good idea.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

If thats your point now why did you persist with your previous posts claiming that vicente offers a minimal contribution. You have now clearly stated you have no idea whether he is value for money or not.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
can't we do this at the end of the season when we know how many games he's played and what contribution he's made. the man is a legend.....let's let him get on with it and judge him then.

fin.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I SUSPECT you know nothing at all and would argue the toss until the end of time. Why on earth would you do that on such shaky completley guess driven foundations? It's really quite dumb.

As for your other question, if Vicente is on a sensible deal then yes I would definetely sign him up for another year.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If thats your point now why did you persist with your previous posts claiming that vicente offers a minimal contribution. You have now clearly stated you have no idea whether he is value for money or not.

my point hasnt change at this moment in time imo vicente's contribution to the club is minimal - this is imo exacabated by the fact I suspect he is on a big fat wage. Imo this money could have been spent differently - thats all. I dont think TB or GP are idiots etc - i have the utmost respect for them particlarly the Chairman. Like I have said i really want to be proved wrong BHAwoddy i would love you to bounce my posts and prove me wrong. Trust me i wlll be delighted if we see Vicente play against Leeds, Millwall, Liverpool etc....

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Vicente has more footballing honours than our manager and entire coaching team combined, of course he will be getting a chunk.

Vicente is worth far more than just minutes on the pitch.

Try explaining that to these morons who like to think they know the clubs goings on inside out. I love they way they search for some kind of NSC credibility by claiming they know x, y and z.

It makes me sad that people on here are spouting negative rubbish, mostly speculative, when they should realise how lucky we are. Fact.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

That really is a lot of "suspecting". I suspect that Vicente is class and I also suspect that we should do everything to keep him, and attract more players like him.

Did you see our goal on Saturday. How many other players could pick out a looping cross like that for Super Will to put away?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can someone sort out this mis-quoting please!!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
That really is a lot of "suspecting". I suspect that Vicente is class and I also suspect that we should do everything to keep him, and attract more players like him.

Did you see our goal on Saturday. How many other players could pick out a looping cross like that for Super Will to put away?

Yes I did - and honestly i would think that any winger in this league could have done that and i would have been dissappointed if they hadnt. I thought Buckley's volleyed finish was sublime.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
All your questions are hypothetical and cannot be answered with any accuracy, so why ask them?

We have spent money on other "less talented" players who cannot control matches for us. Without knowing what money we have invested in vicente NONE of your questions can be answered. Waste of time asking them

Hmmm, I am asking them as part of a debate. Do really think that many people can answer most questions raised on here? Or would if they actually knew the answers? :lolol:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
[/B]

Yes I did - and honestly i would think that any winger in this league could have done that and i would have been dissappointed if they hadnt. I thought Buckley's volleyed finish was sublime.

this is getting silly
not every winger would have had his delicacy - THAT TOO was sublime. he made it LOOK easy! i'd say wingers in this division could perform that... somewhat... but would f*** it up half the time with overly heavy touches at any given point in the maneuvre

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This is exactly my point.

Plus I have seen some of the crosses we and other Championship teams have produced this season and it appears to me that there is a distinct lack of players that can consistently cross the ball well.

He is a game changer, we should count our lucky stars he came to us, and keep him at all costs IMO

Last edited:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Your statement is unbelievable, you describe Buckley's finish as sublime. Buckley's finish was on a plate, he took it well but the hard work had been done by Vicente. There are hardly any other Championship wingers that would have taken the return ball that well and delivered such a well weighted cross.

edit: Can people manage to get their quotes right? Simple stuff

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
[/B]

:eek: You are absolutely determined aren't you? I've been trying to respect a difference of opinion, as at least you're not claiming to have Tony's ear but now you're sounding absolutely desperate and ridiculous. Give it up ffs

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
i realise this is a forum for opinion - but why dont people state it is an opinion rather than statement of fact? In all these threads the words, suspect, imagine, guess, believe,hope, bet......the list is endless.

Some of the stuff on here is designed to be provocative. That's fine - but then the endless justification of these opinions as they are moved seamlessly and without foundation into 'fact' is staggering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here