Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course you'd offer him another year?! What a f***ing stupid question. Like others have said, I just feel privileged to have what was one of the BEST players in the World play for little old BHA.

Still, jury's out eh?

Thank God you are not in charge of our finances then...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My point is that it was a big risk to sign him, the Chairman is (rightly) not best pleased with his games played total and, even if he played the rest of the season (he won't, even if you and I hope he will), his benefit versus cost ratio would not look good... simple to understand, surely, even with your implied bias?

Stop saying that chairman bit as if it has become fact. It hasn't. It's PURE speculation. Buying him was ALWAYS a gamble (i.e. might not pay off). We KNEW when we bought him that there was GOOD chance he wouldn't play many games.

You're saying if he played the rest of the season (in which case we would finish 2nd-4th, no question), he wouldn't be worth the money spent? Of course you're taking into account the massive improvement he could make to all the forward players at the club learning from him?

I don't understand why some people are so DETERMINED to see the negatives in a positive situation. It's depressing. Enjoy Vicente. He's the best player we've EVER had. Take that in for a second. It's amazing that he's even here. Enjoy it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Look, you need to understand that Vicente has cost us a LOT OF MONEY... he has not contributed anywhere near enough to justify his salary yet, and he won't before the end of the season... take off your rose-tinted glasses, think about it, then post...

and you know what his salary is do you? From everything that I have read from the club's management we have a strict wage cap policy so it is really hard to believe anything different. There were quotes at the time of Vicente signing that he is not here for the money and he did turn down offers from other clubs (who no doubt were offering more money) to come here. Yes, he has not played as many games as we had hoped, but how can you say it is impossible for him to justify his salary before the end of the season. If he leads us to the playoffs and plays 2/3 of the games left would that not justify it surely?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Everyone agrees he is class when he's on the pitch, but the issue seems to be about what he's earning and how much of the playing budget he is taking up (something that no-one on this board knows, despite postings to the contrary).

I think we would all agree that you would have to be very stupid to spunk a large amount of your budget on a player who has hardly played in 3 years and at the time of signing was described by the manager as a risk.

Now, given what they have done up to now, how stupid do you think Gus and Tony are ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All your questions are hypothetical and cannot be answered with any accuracy, so why ask them?

We have spent money on other "less talented" players who cannot control matches for us. Without knowing what money we have invested in vicente NONE of your questions can be answered. Waste of time asking them

Head in sand...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
No you are right I have no idea what he earns - but even if it was only a grand a week - i dont think we have had value for money thats all. Allegedly he is the highest paid player in the club. - according to matt sparrows dad in the toilets at millwall ( only the best sources). I sincerely hope i am wrong and we see him play regularly over the next 4 months and if he smacks in the winner in the play off final then you can bounce all my negative posts as i will be delighted to be slaughtered! Also if you could explain how gus wants to play football i would be very grateful - thanks.

You wouldnt understand if someone drew you a picture.

You still FAIL to understand what Vicente brings as an overall contribution to the club! Stick to computer games!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Look, you need to understand that Vicente has cost us a LOT OF MONEY... he has not contributed anywhere near enough to justify his salary yet, and he won't before the end of the season... take off your rose-tinted glasses, think about it, then post...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stop saying that chairman bit as if it has become fact. It hasn't. It's PURE speculation. Buying him was ALWAYS a gamble (i.e. might not pay off). We KNEW when we bought him that there was GOOD chance he wouldn't play many games.

You're saying if he played the rest of the season (in which case we would finish 2nd-4th, no question), he wouldn't be worth the money spent? Of course you're taking into account the massive improvement he could make to all the forward players at the club learning from him?

I don't understand why some people are so DETERMINED to see the negatives in a positive situation. It's depressing. Enjoy Vicente. He's the best player we've EVER had. Take that in for a second. It's amazing that he's even here. Enjoy it.

I have a contact at the club, and know that Bloom is not best pleased...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and you know what his salary is do you? From everything that I have read from the club's management we have a strict wage cap policy so it is really hard to believe anything different. There were quotes at the time of Vicente signing that he is not here for the money and he did turn down offers from other clubs (who no doubt were offering more money) to come here. Yes, he has not played as many games as we had hoped, but how can you say it is impossible for him to justify his salary before the end of the season. If he leads us to the playoffs and plays 2/3 of the games left would that not justify it surely?

If he gets us promoted single-handedly then, yes, that would justify it... I have a good idea what his salary is, and that is why Bloom is unhappy... it has caused tension between Gus and Tony...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Your the one who needs to think before you post mate! You know f*** all about how much Vicente has cost us! Why make a statement you can know ABSOLUTELY f*** ALL about!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Genius, so it took your 'contact' at the club to tell you that. :facepalm:

I can tell you, with upmost confidence (and no inside contacts) the same thing. Why would anyone be pleased that a player is injured?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You wouldnt understand if someone drew you a picture.

You still FAIL to understand what Vicente brings as an overall contribution to the club! Stick to computer games!

I dont actually play computer games - but that is irrelevant really. You are correct i do fail to understand what Vicente brings to the club - whether that be added value off the pitch or on it at the moment. His contribution to this football club has been minimal. Regardless of salary. I am glad you have the ability to discuss an opposing view without getting into childish remarks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I happen to know that Tony is still well impressed that Gus managed to get him for what he did (in competition with some significant others), and a run in the team would far outweigh the financial risk we took on the contract.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I have a contact at the club. He says, "that'll be £7.50 please, enjoy your pie & pint - & by the way, I'm not best pleased about that Vicente bloke" :guitar:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My contact says Bloom is well pleased as he is on a small contract and mainly pay as you play

Well, he isn't according to my club source...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here