Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Well let's hope they are happier after his match winning contribution on Saturday then :guitar:

i hope so too if they even exist... i bet this is just a chinese whisper from someone who claimed bloom was annoyed at his lack of game time...

though i have it on understanding (nsc of course) that he is only being paid per play more or less so YEAH

...and you know what, if that person does pay half his wages... well yes they are allowed an opinion but they are a tit if they didn't know what they were investing in. but actually... seriously they obviously don't exist. what kind of black market f***ing football club are we supposed to be running here?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
found your i pad yet?

did i say it was a fluke?
Got a new one on insurance but not got mine back no..

I just think the whole attitude is strange to Vicente. He really is class. There's no ifs or buts, he was right up there with some of the best in the world not long ago and now he's playing the odd game for the Albion. And to make it even better when he does play, he's QUALITY.

I can't see why this is anything but positive?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
World class player, even 10min per game from him
is enough to get us a few goals. I just hope he signs for another season, the guy would walk into any prem team when at his best!

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
yep pound for pound he has been worth every penny... you are right i am so lucky.

I wouldnt expect you to understand marshy considering you have completely missed the point. Its not about the money or the time he has actually been on the pitch for. You are only posting to get a rise out of everyone. We can see that. Good effort, well done

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
World class player, even 10min per game from him
is enough to get us a few goals. I just hope he signs for another season, the guy would walk into any prem team when at his best!

There can be little doubt that when the guy plays, he is a match-winner. Look at Saturday. Even the odd ten minutes here and there give us something very special.

HOWEVER, at what cost?

Gus keeps talking about our lack of money for players and further quality signings. I just wonder if Vicente is taking a major slice of Gus' Playing Budget, and if he is getting the best value for money with the odd few minutes here and there?

D

Deleted User X18H

yep the fact that he was a free transfer probably means he is on very big money - apparently thats why Murray signed for palace as they paid him more due to no transfer fee. Of course he hasnt cost me a penny - what a ridiculous comment, I am allowed my opinion. My understanding is a mystery benefactor is paying half his wages and apparently they are well f***ed off... are the allowed an opinion?

Well he cost me bloody money. About seven quid in loose change after I jumped up and down wildly when his incredible support play create a last minute winner for the Albion.

£6.98 very well spent.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There can be little doubt that when the guy plays, he is a match-winner. Look at Saturday. Even the odd ten minutes here and there give us something very special.

HOWEVER, at what cost?

Gus keeps talking about our lack of money for players and further quality signings. I just wonder if Vicente is taking a major slice of Gus' Playing Budget, and if he is getting the best value for money with the odd few minutes here and there?

When they gave him a years contract they would have worked out exactly how much vicente would cost them at the time, hence the agreed contract, whether he plays or not. Money isnt an issue here at all.
Plus nobody has any idea what money he gets so why do people persist in trying to pretend they know or have some idea. (not saying thats what you said pork)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
When they gave him a years contract they would have worked out exactly how much vicente would cost them at the time, hence the agreed contract, whether he plays or not. Money isnt an issue here at all.
Plus nobody has any idea what money he gets so why do people persist in trying to pretend they know or have some idea. (not saying thats what you said pork)

I did not suggest that what was being paid would not be known. But did Gus know how little playing time ( - and hence contribution to our performances) he would be getting for his money (whatever it is, but I think we can assume it is significant by our standards).

I am only suggesting that money MAY be an issue. Clearly, if Vicente is not available to play, and make his superb match-winning contributions he was brought-in to provide; someone else needs to make things happen. As we have probably spend a lot of money on him to be our match winner, and his contributions have been "limited" (to say the least), did we have enough money in our Playing Budget to obtain top-class cover for him when he was out? It does not look like we have as nothing happened except Gus moaning about money.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
No doubt he is world class. I just hope we don't put to much emphasis on him alone. This is what happened on the lead up to the bad run. The team were great before him and then have been great after the bad patch. If the players and fans think we are f..ing brilliant without him then we won't feel weak when he isn't playing. Buckley should remain the hero and we need to bring up cms and others.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I did not suggest that what was being paid would not be known. But did Gus know how little playing time ( - and hence contribution to our performances) he would be getting for his money (whatever it is, but I think we can assume it is significant by our standards).

I am only suggesting that money MAY be an issue. Clearly, if Vicente is not available to play, and make his superb match-winning contributions he was brought-in to provide; someone else needs to make things happen. As we have probably spend a lot of money on him to be our match winner, and his contributions have been "limited" (to say the least), did we have enough money in our Playing Budget to obtain top-class cover for him when he was out? It does not look like we have as nothing happened except Gus moaning about money.

Its all speculation really. We did not inherit an crocked/injured player, so we need to trust the medical staff & the board on this. However, Gus has said how much impact he has had on the other players on the training ground. How many Championship clubs have a European Championship & UEFA Cup winning player, that spent 11 years playing at the highest level, on their training ground?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Its all speculation really. We did not inherit an crocked/injured player, so we need to trust the medical staff & the board on this. However, Gus has said how much impact he has had on the other players on the training ground. How many Championship clubs have a European Championship & UEFA Cup winning player, that spent 11 years playing at the highest level, on their training ground?

Again, purely playing devil's advocate, we already have a world class midfielder at our training ground. Gus himself. Is Vicente's contribution at the training ground going to be very valuable in cash terms?

I am not saying that we should not have signed Vicente, clearly he is world class. However, it has been another Paul Kitson type situation so far. When Kitson played at the end of the season, it showed he had exactly what was needed to keep us up - but it was too late by then. In this case, could Vicente have been the missing part of our team that could have meant an automatic promotion slot if we had kept things going? OR would the money spend on him have been better spent on someone slightly less talented, who could have controlled matches for us?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

HOWEVER, at what cost?

Hallalullah! Exactemente!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Again, purely playing devil's advocate, we already have a world class midfielder at our training ground. Gus himself. Is Vicente's contribution at the training ground going to be very valuable in cash terms?
I am not saying that we should not have signed Vicente, clearly he is world class. However, it has been another Paul Kitson type situation so far. When Kitson played at the end of the season, it showed he had exactly what was needed to keep us up - but it was too late by then. In this case, could Vicente have been the missing part of our team that could have meant an automatic promotion slot if we had kept things going? OR would the money spend on him have been better spent on someone slightly less talented, who could have controlled matches for us?

All your questions are hypothetical and cannot be answered with any accuracy, so why ask them?

We have spent money on other "less talented" players who cannot control matches for us. Without knowing what money we have invested in vicente NONE of your questions can be answered. Waste of time asking them

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

[/B]

Hallalullah! Exactemente!

Niether of you know how much money he is on, you're purely speculating. Nor have you any idea with regard to his impact on the other players, especially the younger members of the squad.

As fans we're not going to know the answer to your question with regard to value as that is down to Gus and the board. All we can do as supporters is hope he stays fit as unless you simply don't understand the game as Gus wants to play it, Vicente is undoubtedly a key that I suspect can unlock the full potential of our forward players.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All your questions are hypothetical and cannot be answered with any accuracy, so why ask them?

We have spent money on other "less talented" players who cannot control matches for us. Without knowing what money we have invested in vicente NONE of your questions can be answered. Waste of time asking them

As these boards prove time and time again, there really is no pleasing some people, and any negative that can be clung to, they will take it. Real shame, although my feeling is it is limited to a minority. From the East Stand family section on Saturday, there was only a buzz of real enthusiasm and excitement when he came on.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Well he cost me bloody money. About seven quid in loose change after I jumped up and down wildly when his incredible support play create a last minute winner for the Albion.

£6.98 very well spent.

That reminds me of the time when all my change fell out the hole in my trouser pocket and came out down the bottom of my trouser leg at West Ham many years ago.

Before I could even move there was a mass bundle to try to get - poor saps, it was only about £ 2.50 in silver, if that.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Niether of you know how much money he is on, you're purely speculating. Nor have you any idea with regard to his impact on the other players, especially the younger members of the squad.

As fans we're not going to know the answer to your question with regard to value as that is down to Gus and the board. All we can do as supporters is hope he stays fit as unless you simply don't understand the game as Gus wants to play it, Vicente is undoubtedly a key that I suspect can unlock the full potential of our forward players.

No you are right I have no idea what he earns - but even if it was only a grand a week - i dont think we have had value for money thats all. Allegedly he is the highest paid player in the club. - according to matt sparrows dad in the toilets at millwall ( only the best sources). I sincerely hope i am wrong and we see him play regularly over the next 4 months and if he smacks in the winner in the play off final then you can bounce all my negative posts as i will be delighted to be slaughtered! Also if you could explain how gus wants to play football i would be very grateful - thanks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Which everyone knew when we bought him - so don't really understand your point?

My point is that it was a big risk to sign him, the Chairman is (rightly) not best pleased with his games played total and, even if he played the rest of the season (he won't, even if you and I hope he will), his benefit versus cost ratio would not look good... simple to understand, surely, even with your implied bias?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So could billie paynter. Hardly the point is it ???

Look, you need to understand that Vicente has cost us a LOT OF MONEY... he has not contributed anywhere near enough to justify his salary yet, and he won't before the end of the season... take off your rose-tinted glasses, think about it, then post...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here