Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Poetry in motion. Vicente is sheer quality. Loved seeing him back in the blue & white today. Fantastic assist & then was duly mobbed by all the Albion players right in front of us. Star

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Supported Brighton since the early 1970's and have seen some great players, I remember Martin Chivers scoring in the 3-3 draw at Millwall, Jimmy Case free kicks etc etc but I never thought I would see someone of Vicente class playing for my beloved club. I really don't care if he only plays a few games! HE IS PLAYING FOR US and in the dark days ( I love steve Gritt) who would have thought that a player of such World class would be playing for us... I am so happy

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Am so pleased for Gus and Vicente and the 90% of NSC posters who can see that he is total class.
Gus knows how brilliant he is, and today in 15 minutes he turned the game on its head.
His vision, movement and reading of the match was sublime, he is the real deal and IMHO is the classiest player that has ever played for Brighton, if we can keep him fit and get more and more minutes out of him, then the playoffs are not out of reach.
CMS must have been gutted that he wasnt on the pitch when Vicente was, if we can get those two working together, CMS will be back on the goal trail and they will scare defences shitless.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Supported Brighton since the early 1970's and have seen some great players, I remember Martin Chivers scoring in the 3-3 draw at Millwall, Jimmy Case free kicks etc etc but I never thought I would see someone of Vicente class playing for my beloved club. I really don't care if he only plays a few games! HE IS PLAYING FOR US and in the dark days ( I love steve Gritt) who would have thought that a player of such World class would be playing for us... I am so happy
3-3 at Orient...?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
All the Vicente haters have gone quiet.

Hopefully now they realise how incredible this man can be for us and his determination to try to help the team.

He warms up right in front of us and you can see how desperate he was to get on. always looking over at the bench to see if Gus was going to call him over. When he did make it on. My word. What a genius that man is on a football pitch. Not only did he work hard closing players down, his vision and composure were on a different level. And all in just 20 mins of work.

I am now going to the club shop on monday and getting a Vicente shirt :D

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Being completely honest, I wasn't expecting to see him on the pitch today when his name came up as being on the bench. When I saw him about to come on my reaction was literally "F***ing hell, it's Vicente!" and then cheered my lungs out.

The guy is just incredible. Simply brilliant, and amazing to watch. As others have said he just needs to stay fit now. I'm not sure we'll see him play the full 90 soon, but having him to bring on is clearly highly effective.

I also laugh a bit seeing him warm up. Hat, gloves, coat and he still looks absolutely freezing.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This comment x 1000.

You wont see em till he does something wrong then they will be all over him like a rash again.

tony Meolas, uncle speilberg etcc............. Eat shit! Vicente is class!
:clap: this x a fuckin million. He showed commitment and class of touch & movement every minute he was on the pitch today. Also took a few hits without looking frail at all. Hopefully U.S'll drop the obsession which only embarrasses himself and TMeola's can hide in a darkened room with his head up his arse after his pathetic name calling recently :shit: In Gus we trust :guitar: :albion2:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Blaming players for being injured is frankly moronic.

If he plays a few games for us and helps us pick up a few points to get us into the play offs then he is worth it. Not even mentioning tose of who who actually get to watch him play in those few games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spot on. And those of us who didn't join the pathetic Vicente witch-hunt on here can hold our heads high. Also the ironic cheering when he came on - WTF - how do u think that made him feel?
Are you serious? Our fans were less than enthusiastic about his return? Unbelievable. Even if he was average, I'd have time for him. He's signed for us and has been injured, wtf was he supposed to do?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really?..This amazes me, we have been paying the guys wages for coming on six months and you don't think he owes the fans/team a bit more playing time?
No. He owes us the same as all the other players - to give everything when fit. If injured, there's nothing they can do.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No. He owes us the same as all the other players - to give everything when fit. If injured, there's nothing they can do.

Don't seem to remember people being so charitable towards Paul Kitson. Don't get me wrong, I think Vicente is fantastic and a great player to have at this club.All i'm saying is one swallow does not make a summer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A poster on this site actually called him Vicunte this week. You know who you are. You are a disgrace. What a disgusting way to support our players, especially one that has just won us 3 points. We'd be better off without you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you serious? Our fans were less than enthusiastic about his return? Unbelievable. Even if he was average, I'd have time for him. He's signed for us and has been injured, wtf was he supposed to do?

Agreed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't seem to remember people being so charitable towards Paul Kitson. Don't get me wrong, I think Vicente is fantastic and a great player to have at this club.All i'm saying is one swallow does not make a summer.
Indeed it doesn't, but that's not even relevant. It's not his fault he's been injured, that's life. With a large squad, some players will be injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here