Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
I already suggested a few days ago, on another thread, that I would be more than happy if GP/TB extended his contract !

So would I. If only for the fact that the younger players in the squad (Jfc for example) must be learning SO much just by training with and being around someone of Vicente's class.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
the dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger, top man , class player, set the goal up. and played on the coldest day of the year, top banana

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn't cheer ironically, I was delighted to see a guy who was one of the BEST players in the world and is still only 30 turning out for my team... And did he deliver. What a fantastic (if frail) footballer he is. IF he can stay fit he could propel this club to the Premiershite.

This. I thought he was bloody magnificent when he came on. The ball for buckley's goal was sublime.

Great fun this afternoon

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lets get this into some perspective please. The guy has come on for twenty mins and set up the winning goal, which is fantastic stuff. But he owes us a lot more than that, lets just hope he delivers more.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Lets get this into some perspective please. The guy has come on for twenty mins and set up the winning goal, which is fantastic stuff. But he owes us a lot more than that, lets just hope he delivers more.

I don't think he "owes" us anything.....I just hope this means a few more appearances for him now, and a bit more confidence that he can play.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The guy is far better than this level, if he can stay fit and get a run of games i can't begin to imagine what he might be capable of. He might even replace Steve Penny as my all time favourite.

Penney - we named a cat after him and spelt her name the same way!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't think he "owes" us anything.....I just hope this means a few more appearances for him now, and a bit more confidence that he can play.

Really?..This amazes me, we have been paying the guys wages for coming on six months and you don't think he owes the fans/team a bit more playing time?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really?..This amazes me, we have been paying the guys wages for coming on six months and you don't think he owes the fans/team a bit more playing time?

What about elphick then? Will be a full season out, does he owe us too?

Let the board manage the finances and lets just support the team?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Absolutely agree that he was the difference today. Didn't give the ball away once and put in a fantastic ball for the goal. But more than that, his work rate was superb. It was his winning the ball back that led to the second red card and effectively sealed the game for us. He's clearly brilliant but also desperate to succeed here and prove all those who doubted him wrong.

This he really looked like he wanted to be there

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I didn't cheer ironically, I was delighted to see a guy who was one of the BEST players in the world and is still only 30 turning out for my team... And did he deliver. What a fantastic (if frail) footballer he is. IF he can stay fit he could propel this club to the Premiershite.

This the cheering around me in WSL certainly wasnt ironic we were genuinely delighted to see him

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
What about elphick then? Will be a full season out, does he owe us too?

Let the board manage the finances and lets just support the team?

Exactly this. It's not our f*cking money so what does it matter what we're paying him??? Let's face it, he's with Brighton in the Championship he's not gonna be on a lot is he? I'm sure he's on no more than we can afford and personally I don't think it matters one bit what we're paying him. Just think how much money Man Utd "wasted" on Owen Hargeaves over the 3 years he was there...I can guarentee they spent more on him in a couple of months than what certain people think we are wasting on Vicente in a year!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

He owes us nothing, you have no idea what he has contributed to the club behind the scenes or how much we pay him, he turned 1 point into 3 today how much is that worth? how much has he contributed to the improvement of Buckley, Noone anyone else in training. I am as frustrated as the next man that we have not seen more of him but get it into perspective if he was fit he would be playing for a top premiership team not Brighton. I love the guy he was a different class.

---
I am here: Google Maps

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
How on earth can you compare Elphick to Vicente, in this situation?...How many years has Elphick been at club and apps made.

Whats that got to do with anything? Both are on contracts, both were injured. One is better and can now play. Are you suggesting playing injured players cos they've only just joined.

Jeeez

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
100% this. Wonder if the morons who were calling for his contract to be paid up will be making an appearance this evening.

This comment x 1000.

You wont see em till he does something wrong then they will be all over him like a rash again.

tony Meolas, uncle speilberg etcc............. Eat shit! Vicente is class!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

In fairness EVERY time he is on the pitch he oozes quality that I have very seldom seen from any Albion player in the last 35 years. He may only have had cameos so far but I am drooling about what he could do if he stays fit and gets some games under his belt

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
This.

Certainly wasn't ironic on my part, nor on the part of those around me.

I still genuinely love the fact that VICENTE plays for my team.

Same here, Vicente plays for Brighton is all I need to know
Vicente owes us nothing, we owe him everything for playing for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here