Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't hate to say it mate. There are so many muppets on here that know nothing about football. Put them right!

Delighted he made the difference today. It's that kind of quality that could make the difference between midtable and the play offs for us.

Get in Vicente you BEAUTY.

Spot on. And those of us who didn't join the pathetic Vicente witch-hunt on here can hold our heads high. Also the ironic cheering when he came on - WTF - how do u think that made him feel? He was class today.

And I still await anyone to tell me he's NOT on pay as you play type deal which my mate swears blind he is (source within club told him this). So it's a win win if true...
I LOVE it when over mouthy idiots on here get shown up ;)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
And I still await anyone to tell me he's NOT on pay as you play type deal which my mate swears blind he is (source within club told him this). So it's a win win if true...
I LOVE it when over mouthy idiots on here get shown up ;)

He is on a proper contract. Not our highest earner though.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I didn't cheer ironically, I was delighted to see a guy who was one of the BEST players in the world and is still only 30 turning out for my team... And did he deliver. What a fantastic (if frail) footballer he is. IF he can stay fit he could propel this club to the Premiershite.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I've already said that I would try to minimise our losses by negotiating an amicable exit... he can then return to Spain (advantage to him, I presume), and we MIGHT be able to save some of the value of the remainder of his contract (advantage to us)...

Hmmmm

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I didn't cheer ironically, I was delighted to see a guy who was one of the BEST players in the world and is still only 30 turning out for my team... And did he deliver. What a fantastic (if frail) footballer he is. IF he can stay fit he could propel this club to the Premiershite.
this

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4694675 said:
I didn't think it was ironic cheering, sounded genuine!

Agreed

It certainly was not ironic on WSU near where I was.

The guy is absolutely fantastic and if he stays fit, there is no question of his willingness, and he will produce many great moments for the Albion.

Today, I was concerned again that Gus would not put him on as we had already used two subs., but, I am delighted he did and delighted for VR too because I have always 'believed'

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Great to see the magician back. That cross for Buckley was a cracker and it's good to see him back in time for us to really have a go at getting into the play-offs.

Viva Vicente :moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, all those who called him a sick note, what are your thoughts now? Turned out in the coldest game I can remember, had a great game and setup with 1 and should have been 2 if the ref didn't pull back the Vokes goal....

Top player and with Sparrow out, hope we see more

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
I just cannot believe that people were actually suggesting we terminate his contract.

There was absolutely no logic in doing that given that he's only contracted till the summer and we would have had to pay it up in full now to terminate, and thus thrown away the chance for him to do what he did today.

Even if he only makes a cameo appearance every other game from now on in, he could, and probably will, earn us lots of points, he is a class above.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The geezer just oozes class, appears to have so much time on the ball. As has been said, let's hope he stays fit for the run in

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I just cannot believe that people were actually suggesting we terminate his contract.

There was absolutely no logic in doing that given that he's only contracted till the summer and we would have had to pay it up in full now to terminate, and thus thrown away the chance for him to do what he did today.

Even if he only makes a cameo appearance every other game from now on in, he could, and probably will, earn us lots of points, he is a class above.

I already suggested a few days ago, on another thread, that I would be more than happy if GP/TB extended his contract !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

This.

Certainly wasn't ironic on my part, nor on the part of those around me.

I still genuinely love the fact that VICENTE plays for my team.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Perhaps Poyet is beginning to let him play half the games to build confidence and work his legs, then bust him out later on in the season when it's most important to have a full strength squad to ensure our position in the league, or even advance into the play-offs. I could see him playing full games in the play-offs in which he'll make the biggest difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports