Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who has posted a massive ANTI Vicente post here should be embarrased.

We all knew it was a gamble when we signed him. Go back and check all 72 odd pages of the he's coming thread. He is injury prone. So far its a tad disappointing he hasnt played more. Who knows how many games he'll play again for the club but we were all aware of what we were getting and how many of those posters, posting such negative anti Vicente posts were probably the same ones who were creaming their pants when he arrived.

Great signing imho even if it doesnt work out.

How can it be a great signing if it doesn't work out!! :facepalm:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree completely.

Oh dear! You agree that it is a great signing even if it doesn't work out... the club has made a huge mistake... accept it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't recall saying he will make a big contribution though perhaps said he may do so.

See also Lord Bamber's comments on this thread as I don't think it worth conversing with you on this as you seem to have a particularly closed viewpoint.

My views vis a vis my previous comments remain.

Not a closed viewpoint, just a different one to you and a few others... for what it's worth, I could say that many of the 'Vicente a good signing' posters on here are seeing a farcical signing through rose-tinted spectacles...

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Oh dear! You agree that it is a great signing even if it doesn't work out... the club has made a huge mistake... accept it...

Not yet they haven't.....if by the end of the season nothing changes then yes a mistake may have been made. Gus's taken a punt on what could have, and what could still be, a very good player for us. If I was in the same boat and was offered Vicente (spelt correctly!) for a season then I may too have said "ooo yes please"! Well worth the gamble in my opinion. I don't really give a f4ck what he's earning as it's not my money, if we couldn't afford him we wouldn't have signed him in the first place.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How on Gods Green Earth is it " a great signing " if it doesn't work ouy ? Less than 3 hours football in 5 months on a decent wage of ? I have heard some strange things but to call this is " a great signing " is gobsmacking.

I just can't understand it either... club apologists? naive? ultimate optimists? Whatever it is, I find it astounding... Gus and Tony do make mistakes! As we all do...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not yet they haven't.....if by the end of the season nothing changes then yes a mistake may have been made. Gus's taken a punt on what could have, and what could still be, a very good player for us. If I was in the same boat and was offered Vicente (spelt correctly!) for a season then I may too have said "ooo yes please"! Well worth the gamble in my opinion. I don't really give a f4ck what he's earning as it's not my money, if we couldn't afford him we wouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Yes, OK... so if he suddenly makes a remarkable recovery and stays fit and actually plays consistently, then I am happy to accept that the signing will be a reasonable one (not good, because he has been out for so long), but... I just can't see it happening... he hardly played due to injury towards the end of his time at Valencia... he has hardly played for us for well over half a season... what makes you think that might change?

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Yes, OK... so if he suddenly makes a remarkable recovery and stays fit and actually plays consistently, then I am happy to accept that the signing will be a reasonable one (not good, because he has been out for so long), but... I just can't see it happening... he hardly played due to injury towards the end of his time at Valencia... he has hardly played for us for well over half a season... what makes you think that might change?

ever the optimist. There's no point going on about it. He's either gonna be fit and, hopefully, very good when he plays or he won't recover and we won't see him again. It's not as if we're "missing" him as we are doing more than good enough without him. If we don't see him then sobeit! I just don't see the point of multiple Vicente (spelt correctly again!) threads saying he's not fit. Let's not have any more threads started until he's fit.....then if he's not we don't need to talk about him again.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Are you saying that if you were in the same position as Gus last year and you had the opportunity to sign Vicente on a free you would not? We don't know what his contract says so its pure speculation what the cost is but he has other affects than pure playing time.
Yes I am disappointed with his time on the pitch and I think there are problems that will end his playing career but I think it was worth the gamble - it has shown that Brighton do have an intent to compete, its a credit that he came to Brighton and if you were one of the youngsters training week in week out with this guy would he not have a influence on you? If he had not been here would Noone have developed so well, would Buckley be as good as he is?

I don't know the answers but all these "he's a money grabbing waste of space" statements are founded on pure guess work, at this point he is a Brighton player and he gets my support, when he leaves and there's no change then we can slate him :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I saw him kick a ball in the warm up against Bristol City!!!!! HUZZAH!!

And promptly disappear down the tunnel about ten mins before his teammates.

I wonder why?

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
It's all pretty simple really.

Vicente is a fantastic player, probably the best to ever play for the Albion.

If he doesn't play again the signing would have been a failure.
If he plays 10-15 games between now and the end of the season it would have been a success, and the chances are we will be in the play-offs.

So until the season is over, everyone might as well give the guy a break, shut the f*** up and talk about something else. Nobody knows yet whether the signing has been a success or not, and people saying things like 'he doesn't fancy it' or 'he doesn't want to play' are just plucking this out of their own heads.

We don't NEED Vicente. If he turns out to be a success then fantastic. If he doesn't, well it was worth a gamble. You live and learn.

In order to save me time replying, up pops this post - cheers.
I would suggest we look back on the merits of Vicente at the end of the season and let those in the know manage it their own way coupled with their knowledge of any situation and not speculate in the meantime!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did I say that? No
Are you talking rubbish? Yes

The fact is that on the evidence of well over half a season the signing looks like a complete and utter fcuk-up... our beloved Chairman thinks so (according to my source, not him directly), and I think he might know a bit more about it than you...

Sorry, exactly which bit of my post is the bit where I am talking rubbish? Do you disagree with the bit about Brighton not having a chance of signing a world class player if he was fully fit and had no injuries? Or perhaps the bit that says that you cant judge whether the signing was a mistake or not in January?

Unless of course you can predict the future and you know for a fact that he wont play for us again? Maybe you do, in which case then you are absolutely correct, the signing was a mistake. And if it was, was it worth the gamble? I think it was. It was always going to be a gamble, and believe it or not, you don't always win when you gamble, in fact you usually lose. Vicente didn't cost anything, yes I'm sure he's on a decent wage but then I imagine Hoskins is as well, and he cost a fairly sizeable transfer fee on top of that. Probably not much difference between the two when you take that into account.

You obviously have some serious inside knowledge of the club when you are able to to reveal such exclusives as "The Chairman who is paying a player thousands of pounds a week who hardly plays isn't happy about the situation". Do you have any other exclusive scoops? Maybe you could tell us that Gus prefers it when we win to when we lose? Or that Bloom doesn't want us to get relegated? Perhaps you could reveal that if we got an offer of £10 million for Lewes Dunk then we would accept it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, exactly which bit of my post is the bit where I am talking rubbish? Do you disagree with the bit about Brighton not having a chance of signing a world class player if he was fully fit and had no injuries? Or perhaps the bit that says that you cant judge whether the signing was a mistake or not in January?

Unless of course you can predict the future and you know for a fact that he wont play for us again? Maybe you do, in which case then you are absolutely correct, the signing was a mistake. And if it was, was it worth the gamble? I think it was. It was always going to be a gamble, and believe it or not, you don't always win when you gamble, in fact you usually lose. Vicente didn't cost anything, yes I'm sure he's on a decent wage but then I imagine Hoskins is as well, and he cost a fairly sizeable transfer fee on top of that. Probably not much difference between the two when you take that into account.

You obviously have some serious inside knowledge of the club when you are able to to reveal such exclusives as "The Chairman who is paying a player thousands of pounds a week who hardly plays isn't happy about the situation". Do you have any other exclusive scoops? Maybe you could tell us that Gus prefers it when we win to when we lose? Or that Bloom doesn't want us to get relegated? Perhaps you could reveal that if we got an offer of £10 million for Lewes Dunk then we would accept it?

I object to your attitude and ridiculous sarcasm...

As you say, let's see who's right at the end of the season... believe me, I'm not arguing he was/is a great player, but it's just that, on the evidence to date (over half a season of injuries) we have made a very unwise investment... even if he played all the remaining games (he won't) it is unlikely that he will make a big enough difference for that investment to be justified...

I hope you're correct, but fear you are wrong... there is nothing to suggest we haven't screwed-up big time on this one...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I object to your attitude and ridiculous sarcasm...

As you say, let's see who's right at the end of the season... believe me, I'm not arguing he was/is a great player, but it's just that, on the evidence to date (over half a season of injuries) we have made a very unwise investment... even if he played all the remaining games (he won't) it is unlikely that he will make a big enough difference for that investment to be justified...

I hope you're correct, but fear you are wrong... there is nothing to suggest we haven't screwed-up big time on this one...

The bit I most object to:

"A I said earlier, nobody with any sense can say whether this signing was a mistake or not until the end of the season. Unless of course you expected him to play 40 games, in which case you don't understand the situation and aren't worth arguing with anyway."

You can make a pretty sound judgement that we have fcuked-up already IMHO... your first sentence is is just an alternative opinion backed-up by an insult...

I didn't say I expected him to play 40+ games... he has actually played in about 4 games... do you really think that is enough? Oh, and you throw in another insult...

In conclusion, you are talking rubbish...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here