Vicente ... missing AGAIN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't really understand why all you retards are having a go at the threat starter for asking a perfectly valid question. After the Hull match, Gus said he left Vicente at home as he didn't want to take him all the way to Hull for 20 minutes on an awful pitch. Fair enough. But he also says he left him in Brighton with the aim of him completing five training sessions in order to be ready for Saturday. Saturday comes and he's still absent. There is a question to be asked in my opinion.
I would guess he didn't complete his 5 training sessions, thus wasn't ready for Saturday?! :shrug:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You don't like others hurling abuse but do it yourself. You didn't ask the question, 'Is Vicente injured again or dropped?' but drew your own conclusions before starting the thread, which doesn't make for good debate.
Exactly. I was rude to the op. Frankly it felt an appropriate response

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But someone just commented that he's not good enough to make the bench. So how's he going to get thrown on as a sub?

Look, I'm quite prepared to accept that we have a good squad at present and not everyone is going to make the squad for every game. BUT this guy was supposed to be the bee's knees, the best thing since sliced bread, our saviour and hero, the most quality player ever to wear an Albion shirt ..... and ? And nothing. Zero.
Yes, but as I explained, if he isn't as match fit as other players he won't be selected for the squad or bench if we have more match fit players with still good quality (LuaLua, Assulin, Vokes). Seeing as you've been to every home game you'll remember the 3 points he earn't with a pin point assist vs Leicester. So not exactly nothing, zero. Now stop trying to moan about literally anything that is physically possible.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
But someone just commented that he's not good enough to make the bench. So how's he going to get thrown on as a sub?

Look, I'm quite prepared to accept that we have a good squad at present and not everyone is going to make the squad for every game. BUT this guy was supposed to be the bee's knees, the best thing since sliced bread, our saviour and hero, the most quality player ever to wear an Albion shirt ..... and ? And nothing. Zero.
:ohmy: Where you at the leicester game?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
OK, OK. So he's played a few minutes for us, scored a goal and mybe has a couple of assists. Still doesn't make him a worthwhile acquisition in my opinion. Would love to know how much we're paying him and how much that works out at per minute he has been on the pitch.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From what I gather, the bloke has chronic hypochondria which stems from a traumatic experience of a broken leg at Valencia of which he never recovered.

He plays when he feels ready, I reckon, which is fine by me because we have a possibly world class player on our books.

this. i dont know about the hypochondria, but anyone should realise theres good reason we managed to sign a 30yo Uefa cup, Spanish league and cup winner from Valencia, who let his contract run out.

on paper he should have had another two or three years in top flight european football, not joining newly promoted but untested team in the English second tier. clearly he has a substantial and chronic injury problem, which others wouldnt touch with a barge pole. He's a luxury, the cost of which is between him, Gus and Bloom, but the quality on the occasions he has represented us shows why Gus wanted to take the gamble.

or, shorter version, just live with it, when we see him in stripes be glad to.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
OK, OK. So he's played a few minutes for us, scored a goal and mybe has a couple of assists. Still doesn't make him a worthwhile acquisition in my opinion. Would love to know how much we're paying him and how much that works out at per minute he has been on the pitch.

You get what you pay for. Do you really think a player of his quality would ever come to otherwise? I literally thought people couldn't find anything to moan about after yesterday, but this place appears to know no bounds.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't really understand why you think this. Obviously it was frustrating when he was out for that period but he is back now and anyone thinking he was going to play 90 minutes week in week out was/is deluded. He was bought (imo of course) to play the odd game and occasionally get thrown on as a sub if we are lacking 'quality' as Gus would say

Back? Back where? How is it possible to build a team, a system and a complete understanding playing the odd game here or there?

This was a gamble that didn't pay off

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It has been frustrating that any member of our squad only seems fit or ready every so often but it is not really that much of an issue now is it ? Not with these new loan signings. I don`t think that this season will be defined by whether or not Vicente comes on for a cameo every 2 or 3 games.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What the hell is it with this guy? Exactly how many minutes football has he played for us? And how long since he signed?

I recall a few sick-notes in past years in the league, but this guy must take first prize by a country mile.

Not in the starting line-up or on the bench AGAIN yesterday.

What exactly is the point? GET RID.

Leaveth this place, and returneth do not, lest ye have changed thy ways.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's a good job the OP wasn't around when we had a certain Jason Dodd on the books!!
Now THAT would have given him something to moan about.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
You could moan or you could look at the facts. It was confirmed he was fit during the week, and we played well at Hull so GP felt the need for no changes. The bench- Casper- Gus always has a keeper on the bench, Calderon- Defensive cover, Assulin- Presumambly the best back up midfielder, LuaLua- Best player on the pitch by far vs Liverpool (not hard) and scored equilizer against Millwall, Vokes- Forward cover. So, to conclude he wasn't injured, he just couldn't make the 16 which highlights how strong our squad is. Now stop moaning about problems that aren't there, jesus christ.

This. I mean it really does show how far we have come in the last 4 years. Chris Hollroyd... *hand over face* ... To a former La Liga player of the year and 34 cap Spanish International not making the bloody bench! In all honesty I think GP is looking to find THE strongest 11, and knowing that Vicente's fitness etc is not consistent, Gus didn't see a reason to have him in the side. Oh and yeah we won 3-0 without him. My blood pressure does rise slightly when he's on the ball showing his experience/talent/flair, and hope he can play a key role in a push for the play offs along with the Man City Boys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports