Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Likely To Return ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Vicente hinted that a change I management would see his return. He obviously hated Poyet and found it difficult to give 100% for the man, if Oscar can inspire him to more than 20 games for us, it's a must. The most talented man to wear the stripes ever although not the best.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Much as I would like to see him again, his fitness is unreliable and he's expensive. I think we could use the money on a decent championship player who eill play 40+ games next season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's what the Portsmouth fans said as they were winning the FA Cup all those years ago . . .

It's Bloom and Barber's decision how much he's worth paying - fans commenting on player's wages w/o any idea of what they actually get paid is meaningless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On a pay per play it's a definite yes from me. No idea what the deal was last time around but if he'd be after being one of our top earners I wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If Oscar has the true spirit of Barca inside him then we have to have a team of extremely hard workers and constant movers. If he agrees to be constantly mobile and not wriggling and writhing on the floor too much, then ruddy excellent, let's resheath the dagger in a seagullian scabbard and get the best of his remaining deadly years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the Vicente version is correct and he was fit and available from January onwards it might open the door for him to return. He showed touches of class at Leeds (away) especially the 40 yards pin point diagonal pass to Orlandi on the left wing who subsequently crossed it over for Spanish Len to head in the winner but it looked like he had lost his mojo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's Bloom and Barber's decision how much he's worth paying - fans commenting on player's wages w/o any idea of what they actually get paid is meaningless.

Exactly I often wonder how accurate the wages quoted on here are. I was on a train to a match and a chap was talking about his nephew, Dunk being on about £45k per year which is not bad for a young lad but nothing like the figures banded about on here.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Did he not say in his argus interview, that he wanted to return home after his first season here. As his daughter wasn't adapting.

If that's true, I can't see him coming back.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did he not say in his argus interview, that he wanted to return home after his first season here. As his daughter wasn't adapting.

If that's true, I can't see him coming back.

He also said she's settled now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd be surprised since it was the club, rather than Gus, who let him go (according to the Argus)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have this feeling that Oscar has a couple of names in mind to add to the squad, and they may be players that are not that well known to us. By the end of the season we might just feel the same way as we feel about Spanish and Vicente now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here