Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very, very proud

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Very happy with how we played - held our own for large parts of the game against a Champions League side.

That said, Arsenal fans I know are treating the win like winning the league despite the fact they struggled to beat a Championship side !! Shows how far we have come since Liverpool last year too, couple more tweaks and we are ready for promotion !!

Very, very encouraging today - we did better than Norwich and QPR in my books !!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The players did us proud and the crowd was marvellous too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One additional thing emerged from today.

My five-year-old daughter pronounced her undying love for CMS, her new favourite player (hopefully he doesn't now leave this week).

The reason? It's not the record fee, or the scurrying style.

It's the fact he looks like Prince Charming in Shrek 2

shrek236236336363.jpg

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Players can take a LOT from today. Where's the Poyet In/Out and Poyet's taken us as far as he can threads? We were absolute quality today, stick Kusz in goal and we would've at least drawn.
Must admit, was very down after the Watford result, but since then we've been very, very good. Very proud of our players today, and Ulloa looked quality. Great atmosphere too, and great to see new seats with bums on them.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Plus, quality performance from number 9 Ashley Barnes. A goal and an assist against Arsenal MUST keep the knockers quiet for a while..

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It was wonderful to see that we did not change our style to try and hassle Arsenal we stuck to a passing game and out played Arsenal at their own game for most of the game, yes we lost but the ref did his best to help them and they were clinical in front of goal but the player (and fans) were a credit to this club. What a great afternoon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The ref was annoying. It's not as it he gave any single really match-changing decisions against us - though I didn't have a great view of the late CMS penalty shout.

But whenever it is a Cup tie involving a PL club and one outside, you are always left with the feeling that they are just more comfortable with the players they ref every week.

The little 50-50s go their way, and over a game these mount up; they are less likely to get booked for the same challenges; basically in everything he does, the ref just seems to be looking out for them a bit more.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The ref was annoying. It's not as it he gave any single really match-changing decisions against us - though I didn't have a great view of the late CMS penalty shout.

But whenever it is a Cup tie involving a PL club and one outside, you are always left with the feeling that they are just more comfortable with the players they ref every week.

The little 50-50s go their way, and over a game these mount up; they are less likely to get booked for the same challenges; basically in everything he does, the ref just seems to be looking out for them a bit more.

Absokutely my impression of the reffing today too.

We were never getting the CMS penner shout at the end of the game, even if he was rugby tackled.

I must admit I have seen softer pennera given tho, but never against higher league opposition in the cup.

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
Players can take a LOT from today. Where's the Poyet In/Out and Poyet's taken us as far as he can threads? We were absolute quality today, stick Kusz in goal and we would've at least drawn.

Fantastic today, however IF we had put K in goal we would have drawn, but if Walcott and Wilshere had started ..........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I went home frustrated with Poyet's keeper selection. Reading the programme, Kuszczak really wanted to play and we all wanted him to play. Surely the keeper is statistically less likely to get injured than outfield players? Good job the Bradford Manager selected a full strength side against premiership opposition.

Waiting for the P&R bus tonight, PIG drew up next to us in his motor. A mate said to him "I wish you'd played today" and his very diplomatic reply was "there are many more important games still to play this season"

Oh, and to the OP, yes I am proud to be a seagull tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree, Lopez' yellow card was ridiculous when he didn't card Arsenal players for exactly the same tackles later in the game. I'm proud of the way each and every Brighton player did their part today. It's right that Ankergren played because he needed match time, as you never know if Kuszczak will pick up an injury. Losing 2 players with injury forced our hand with the substitutions, other wise I am sure that Vicente would have come on at some stage.
We should take heart from that performance, move on with our new striker and take this division by storm in the next 18 games.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree, Lopez' yellow card was ridiculous when he didn't card Arsenal players for exactly the same tackles later in the game. I'm proud of the way each and every Brighton player did their part today. It's right that Ankergren played because he needed match time, as you never know if Kuszczak will pick up an injury. Losing 2 players with injury forced our hand with the substitutions, other wise I am sure that Vicente would have come on at some stage.
We should take heart from that performance, move on with our new striker and take this division by storm in the next 18 games.

You make an important point re the reason why Casper should have played ..it's one that certain peeps seem to blinkered about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here