Very special Pompey fan in the family stand yesterday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
...got sent this from a mate of mine.

Portsmouth Message Board | 'Pompey Ryan' yesterday - funny as fook...

Can't see it mentioned on here, which is a surprise if it hasn't been, but the true stand out highlight of the day yesterday was the performance of 'Pompey Ryan' (I am told this is his name) who was the spotty twerp with the plastic trumpet thing.

For those not at the game, the Pompey fans were split into two temporary type stands. Just before half time he was blowing away on his horn thing and a Pompey fan from the 2nd stand told him to shut it up (said semi jokingly). Next thing the spotty 'Ryan' lad started having a right go at this bloke and then the whole stand as they baited him (it's fair to say he wouldn't be troubling the people at Mensa anytime soon!)

Pompey fans in the stand started telling him to stop dribbling etc, and it was quite funny seeing him go off on one.

Then came the punchline...

Someone who knew him told him that did he realise that stand was Pompey (the exact words said very slowly were "they are Pom - pey...!!!"). It took a couple of seconds for the penny to drop as he came out with the classic "I thought they were Brighton fans!"

Everyone who was in earshot just p!ssed themselves, as did the second stand once they'd cottoned on to it.

Really was a FAF moment that for many will be the stand out memory from a dire footballing performance.

Seems he got chucked out at half time, but if the Pompey shop do Pompey straight jackets, this lad should get the first one!

BTW good second half support when we all thought "fook it" and had a bit of a laugh with some good banter including calling for Dickinson to be sent off.

Good day on the p!ss only spoiled by a football match.

With fans like that, Pompey are well and truly f***ed.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Was Fred f***ing Dineage in attendance yesterday?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
thats what my mate screamed at him when we saw him a tom jones concert at the brighton centre!"look its f**king fred dineage" loads of pants twirling that night:D

Talk about upstaging the main act.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not true BoF. Chris Wood was very confused and when he went off, he was very political and applauded all 4 sides... not knowing who was where! :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry. I meant when they entered the fearsome arena at the start.

Ah ok, in which case I agree. No-one seemed to know we were there. Very strange day all round, and puts the away numbers into perspective. Also, it makes you appreciate how fantastic the FC United fans actually were.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As quoted by tricky ricky pfc

The lad is mentally disabled, and gets a lot of stick.

He loves Pompey though and his knowledge of the club is impressive.

Isn't there a saying about mocking the afflicted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports