Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very O/T Brentford badge change.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
“We all recognise the old crest wasn't really fit for purpose in a digital age" to be fair I think it's a good point I like the new badge

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Meh. The bee is really nicely done but I'm getting sick and tired of clubs all using the same crest format (us included). It's boring.

And sadly all done for the exact same reason - protection of intellectual property rights - as after a certain amount of time club badges become free domain so if unofficial scarf manufacturers want to use the badge etc they can without paying one penny to the club. Now if they want to use them they have to pay. Simple. And some brand consultant will have told them it has to be simplified and streamlined to make it easier to determine.

el punal

Strange, but the reason Brentford are called the Bees is from the shout of " Buck up the Bs " from fans back in the 1890s. It has nothing to do with our little honey producer. A Barnet fan once stated pointedly - since when are bees red and white?

At least with Seagulls their is a connection to the seaside, and Brighton, and the Amex - they shit on the roof just above my head in the West Upper.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
All clubs crests are a registered trademark. But with the Middlesex crest inside theirs, they couldn't get it registered. Same as Fulham when they drooped the coat of arms recently and a few others.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would it be churlish to vote no just for the sake of it?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
All clubs crests are a registered trademark. But with the Middlesex crest inside theirs, they couldn't get it registered. Same as Fulham when they drooped the coat of arms recently and a few others.

Do you mean most clubs crests are a registered trademark?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here