Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very good ref today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite agree. He kept his cards in his pocket as long as he could and relied on a quiet word with players for misdemeanours. If more refs did this there'd be fewer suspensions and the fans would get a better deal.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Not because we won 3-0 (or perhaps it was) but he played advantage at all the right times. There was no diving,so perhaps he had a word before the game. All the bookings were correct.In fact you could see that he did not really want to book Forster Caskey at the end but had no choice. Well played ref.

Agree, he was excellent.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
He was a good ref. The thing that struck me most was that he was almost always close to the breakdown, or close to the point of incident. Normally refs plough the diagonal line on the pitch from the inside left channel at one end, to the inside left channel at the other end, leaving their linesmen to keep an eye on the right flank stuff, which might mean they are often 40 yards or so away from the play. This fella must have played the game himself (which makes a huge difference) because he had great instinct and was almost always there. Took no nonsense, diving wise or verbal backchat. only error I could see was the first of the 2 yellows he gave us when they broke down the right flank mid second half. It was a dive and Kaz told him so. Solly's a couple of minutes later was a yellow.

Roger East should be commended, excellent performance.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Not because we won 3-0 (or perhaps it was) but he played advantage at all the right times. There was no diving,so perhaps he had a word before the game. All the bookings were correct.In fact you could see that he did not really want to book Forster Caskey at the end but had no choice. Well played ref.

i agree, although he missed what looked to me like a nailed on penalty.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Part of the ball was over the line so the crowd (including myself) will always shout for it. I think, like the goaline rule, that every last millimetre of the ball has to be over the line and outside the box so def looked the correct decision and no handball as the whole ball wasn't outside the box when he handled

On the stream they showed a replay of the incident and Hamer clearly picked the ball up outside the box. The most annoying thing is that the lino had a clear view.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On the stream they showed a replay of the incident and Hamer clearly picked the ball up outside the box. The most annoying thing is that the lino had a clear view.

So every last mm if the all was clearly fully over the whole width of the line?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here