Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman's GPS tracker. He needs it back.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
1000015554.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Possible?

It was indeed, the landlord of the New Oak, who had the shirt. He met up with Joel today, who retrieved his gps, and also gave Patrick Matthews a signed shirt to auction, for a Parkinsons Disease charity.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
not much of a gps if they didn’t know where it was
It will more than likely be a GPS receiver which can get a transmission to plot where it is (and be used to produce player heat maps etc) but it won’t have a transmitter so it can’t be tracked and found if lost.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Do they make public what is shown on players GPS. For eg we were told before Gross covered more ground than any player. Is this still so.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It will more than likely be a GPS receiver which can get a transmission to plot where it is (and be used to produce player heat maps etc) but it won’t have a transmitter so it can’t be tracked and found if lost.
I wonder if they can even get anything useful from it at this point. I assume it has limit storage and needs to be turned off after the game (or at least stopped from logging locations) and I'm assuming the guy from The New Oak was probably unaware of this and wouldn't know how to do it. So Joel's heatmap is probably mostly a train journey all the way back to Brighton and some puttering around in the pub.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wonder if they can even get anything useful from it at this point. I assume it has limit storage and needs to be turned off after the game (or at least stopped from logging locations) and I'm assuming the guy from The New Oak was probably unaware of this and wouldn't know how to do it. So Joel's heatmap is probably mostly a train journey all the way back to Brighton and some puttering around in the pub.
These things can normally record about 10 hours worth of GPS data, it’s unlikely once it effectively fills up that it starts over writing data. I doubt anything has been lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’ll have got it all during the game anyway, it’s looked at real-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here