Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman's Future

BHAFC97

Jul 28, 2020
Eastbourne
Maybe I'm looking to much into it but did anyone else notice Veltman was doing an extra long clap of the fans and walking over to the South Stand like Mac Allister was at the end of the game?

Completely appreciate why Mac Allister did it with his future most likely being away from the Albion but was surprised to see Veltman doing it as well and wondered if it was a potential goodbye from him.

I know the recent reports and comments from RDZ suggest he will be staying and it could very well be he was just being very appreciative of the fans on such a cracking season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's staying

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Getting very concerned. I really like Joel and desperately hope he stays
With one year optionm still ours next season but would really love it if he signed a new contract & we have for the next 3 plus an option.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With one year optionm still ours next season but would really love it if he signed a new contract & we have for the next 3 plus an option.
Well his contract is up on the 30th of June, we have until then to activate our year option.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Well his contract is up on the 30th of June, we have until then to activate our year option.

With club options, we are obliged to inform the player by the third Saturday in May, or a week after the last game of the season, if we are activating it or not.

So based on RDZ's comments, we will have already activated it and now it is up to both parties to negotiate a longer tern deal if desired.

We did the same with Welbeck where he signed a new contract in the August after we had triggered his option year.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With club options, we are obliged to inform the player by the third Saturday in May, or a week after the last game of the season, if we are activating it or not.

So based on RDZ's comments, we will have already activated it and now it is up to both parties to negotiate a longer tern deal if desired.

We did the same with Welbeck where he signed a new contract in the August after we had triggered his option year.
Thanks for this info!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We really could do with not losing another who can play full back. We barely have any.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Veltman is under contract for one more year at least.
I thought that year left was an "option" which we haven't yet exercised? We know Barca are sniffing around, amongst potentially others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here