Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman and Lamptey

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just a hunch, but I feel like Veltman could be favoured in some games where we’re really up against it, but against our competitors we might play Lamptey more often as his pace certainly gives them something to think about.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Veltman starts from the Dutch tonight as RCB in a 3-5-2. Dutch have bossed the first 11 mins, they look good.

My personal preference would be a 3-5-2 with Veltman RCB, White CB, Dunk LCB and March, Lamptey wing- backs.

Jul 7, 2003
Lamptey is still young so I think the club will be careful not to overplay him this season. Having Veltman there gives us the opportunity to rest Lamptey without weakening the team.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Veltman starts from the Dutch tonight as RCB in a 3-5-2. Dutch have bossed the first 11 mins, they look good.

My personal preference would be a 3-5-2 with Veltman RCB, White CB, Dunk LCB and March, Lamptey wing- backs.

As soon as I saw that Dutch team-sheet I was starting to wonder the same thing.

Veltman is sitting there as one of two centre backs for Holland. The other being Van Dijk!

So is our strongest back three White-Dunk-Veltman, when Lamptey is on the field?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This NED - POL match is an jnteresting watch re 3-5-2. If the wing backs don't get forward you're wasting your time. Veltman looking good at RCB, but if the midfield don't get back then you can get a two on one down the flanks.

The Dutch RWB is rubbish tonight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It will probably depend on the opposition. They both look to offer different styles and will be able to cope better with different game-plans and scenarios. It is a good position to be in. The same goes for the centre-backs. Just because they are not in the starting 11 wont be purely form based, but tactic based.

Just a hunch, but I feel like Veltman could be favoured in some games where we’re really up against it, but against our competitors we might play Lamptey more often as his pace certainly gives them something to think about.

These. Potter doesn't have a single strongest 11. Completely dependent on who we are playing against. Some games will suit Veltman, some Lamptey.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Veltman looked very good in that RCB position tonight. ft 1-0 to the dutch..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Veltman looked very good in that RCB position tonight. ft 1-0 to the dutch..

I watched most of the game and I agree. I like the look of him, steady and dependable but with a bite and the ability to spray a good pass. He almost got an assist but (can't recall the player) whoever was in the box made a hash of his lovely through ball.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I watched most of the game and I agree. I like the look of him, steady and dependable but with a bite and the ability to spray a good pass. He almost got an assist but (can't recall the player) whoever was in the box made a hash of his lovely through ball.

I think he will turn out to be one shrewd buy ..currently the transfers hardly mentioned by the media ...in time I have a hunch that’ll change

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think he will turn out to be one shrewd buy ..currently the transfers hardly mentioned by the media ...in time I have a hunch that’ll change

True, but he was mentioned a lot when we 'swooped' for him. Quite a lot of eyebrows were raised as I remember!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here