Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vasectomy....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
100% of the problems have been reported by mates; 100% of the "no problems here" by the recipient himself. Aren't stats wonderful?!

Fair point. I would get him to post here himself but he has no interest in football and probably couldnt be arsed. Just passing on what he said. The ops was nearly 30 years ago though, perhaps its all moved on lots. I had a knee op a couple of years ago and was out in 3 days. 40 years ago you were in hospital for 3-6 months

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Very straightforward. All done in a few minutes and no after-effects. The GP who did mine is famous for doing his own vasectomy!
Mine was done through a small incision so no stitches required and no bruising

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
100% of the problems have been reported by mates; 100% of the "no problems here" by the recipient himself. Aren't stats wonderful?!

Straight from the horses mouth. ie Me:

I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say that I had an internal bleed, my nuts ended up the size of a grapefruit, didn't work for 2/3 weeks, could hardly walk, spent most of my time lying down with my feet in the air. It still hurts today when it gets cold - had in done 10 years ago.

What fun

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Straight from the horses mouth. ie Me:

I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say that I had an internal bleed, my nuts ended up the size of a grapefruit, didn't work for 2/3 weeks, could hardly walk, spent most of my time lying down with my feet in the air. It still hurts today when it gets cold - had in done 10 years ago.

What fun

Hence the move to warmer climes? ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Quite a few of us 'forty something's' think about this or go through with it at some point. Yet there isn't any honest open info forum I can find for advice or help from people who've been through it.
You never hear much about bad problems afterwards yet t'internet is full of bad experiences afterwards.

Well i'm 43 and my missus is 27 weeks gone *it's a girl*.....still i can understand.....avoid the internet if possible,whenever i have a ache or pain or am feeling ill,i usually pronounce myself dead after perusing the web for an hour.....good luck......btw the missus says you will be fine,you might walk like John Wayne for a bit but other than that will be ok.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Vasectomy in 1990. Local anaesthetic.

Reversal in 2000.

Two more children.

Interesting - any comments on the reversal? I'm going to have mine reversed too sometime reasonably soon; but it's been closer to 20 years than 10.

On topic: my snip was fine - a bit of swelling, s'all. Errr - "production" was and is a little gloopier, but nothing to worry about. Not as gloopy as marmite though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting - any comments on the reversal? I'm going to have mine reversed too sometime reasonably soon; but it's been closer to 20 years than 10.

On topic: my snip was fine - a bit of swelling, s'all. Errr - "production" was and is a little gloopier, but nothing to worry about. Not as gloopy as marmite though.

Too much information :sick:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had it done about 10 years ago in Haywards Heath. Fairly painless experience (only the anaesthetic going in was mildly painful). I think the Mrs was kind of hoping for a bit of 'childbirth payback', but I called her to come and pick me up after the op from up the road where I'd comfortably walked. Went for a long walk the following day, and was running in less than a week. Tiny incisions, no stitches.

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apart from the obvious, why would you have it done? As a 30 year old can't contemplate the thought of it

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Straightforward ..much easier than childbirth! ...perhaps don't have it done on a Friday afternoon after they've been down the pub

Don't tell 'em that for gawd sake! Can't be that bad seeing as most of 'em do it more than once.........:wink:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Took about 30mins, hurt a little before the injections took proper effect but was fine after that.
Next day felt like I had been smashed in the knackers and I had twinges for a couple of weeks after but it's been fine ever since.
Best decision I've ever made though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Easy peasy. Go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here