Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Variation from earlier thread. Where do you see this country in 20 years time?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully we'll be living in the independent People's Republic of England.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Virtual civil war along religious lines.

Brilliant. A bloodless sectarian war fought out over the internet in Call of God IV.
Could be the massed ranks of the Microsoftians, hampered by having to reboot every 30 minutes, against the vastly outnumbered but smugly assured Apple Heads and Ubuntians.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So what's your view of 2033?

I know what I'd like, which is something similar to where I currently live, but I have very little faith in anyone delivering it. The reboot the UK needs will not happen any time soon. So, my view is just more of the same.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I know what I'd like, which is something similar to where I currently live, but I have very little faith in anyone delivering it. The reboot the UK needs will not happen any time soon. So, my view is just more of the same.

HT are you referring to Brighton and Hove's Green Republic?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
In 20 years time the average UK age will be about 60 and a huge portion of Govt spending will be on caring for an ageing population.

Roads will be gridlocked with OAP buggies and Nissan Micras being driven at 15mph.

The richest people will be owners of chains of peoples homes, purveyors of chilled meals and producers of incontinence pads. How long before Branson unveils Virgin branded OAP homes etc?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway in 20 years time I will hopefully live somewhere warmer with a better climate - probably Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here