Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vardys stunning goal....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All bets are off for me with Ince's goal. It pisses on Vardy's, and I can't remember ever seeing a better goal by an Albion player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Loads of applause from the Swindon fans too.

Was going to comment on exactly the same thing. You know a goal is a belter when even the opposition fans applaud it.

The only ones I can remember in reverse (where the Albion crowd have applauded an away team's goal) are both at Withdean - Andrew Crofts' dipping volley for Gillingham, and Ishmael De'montagnac's absolute worldy for Walsall.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was going to comment on exactly the same thing. You know a goal is a belter when even the opposition fans applaud it.

The only ones I can remember in reverse (where the Albion crowd have applauded an away team's goal) are both at Withdean - Andrew Crofts' dipping volley for Gillingham, and Ishmael De'montagnac's absolute worldy for Walsall.

I remember Chris Eagles' goal for Watford getting applause, but seems it was only a ripple...

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I have no idea what this has to do with this thread.

In the context of the whole situation vardys goal is better than ince.

I too have scored some pretty good goals but down on hove seafront against people such as Eubanks brother with the score at 11-21 after just nutmeggin a walkers dog. Means they are not as good as ince or vardys goal.

Maradonna is more of a football legend then messi.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm surprised no-one has compared it to the great man's sublime effort for QPR against WBA a while back. Also chasing a through ball and in my opinion far more skillful than Vardy's effort and from a worse angle.

I'd put this and Ince's efforts joint first with Vardy a very honourable third (ignoring the contexts!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the context of the whole situation vardys goal is better than ince.

I too have scored some pretty good goals but down on hove seafront against people such as Eubanks brother with the score at 11-21 after just nutmeggin a walkers dog. Means they are not as good as ince or vardys goal.

Maradonna is more of a football legend then messi.

Whats "context" got to do with it ? Its all about technique and the difficulty of the chance (if you can even call it a chance). Vardy hit a peach of a shot after the ball bounced in front of him, and it was a tremendous strike. Ince caught his shot FULL on the volley (no bounce) when he was on the run and the ball was travelling across him, not just sitting up in front of him. That's got to be just about the most difficult thing to do in football. Catching it just right and with sufficient power was one thing, finding the far top corner with it was something else. That's why Ince's strike is, IMO, quite clearly superior. It was a FAR more difficult strike to pull off.

I still dunno what Maradona/Messi has got to do with any of this.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Whats "context" got to do with it ? Its all about technique and the difficulty of the chance (if you can even call it a chance). Vardy hit a peach of a shot after the ball bounced in front of him, and it was a tremendous strike. Ince caught his shot FULL on the volley (no bounce) when he was on the run and the ball was travelling across him, not just sitting up in front of him. That's got to be just about the most difficult thing to do in football. Catching it just right and with sufficient power was one thing, finding the far top corner with it was something else. That's why Ince's strike is, IMO, quite clearly superior. It was a FAR more difficult strike to pull off.

I still dunno what Maradona/Messi has got to do with any of this.

I'm saying imho you are wrong to exclude context! Vardys goal is better.

Very simple. Then for your own sake forget maradonna v messi.

Unless off course you are being pedantic. In which case feel free to carry on because in the short run it probably relieves whatever cuases that antisocial symptom.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm saying imho you are wrong to exclude context! Vardys goal is better.

Very simple. Then for your own sake forget maradonna v messi.

Unless off course you are being pedantic. In which case feel free to carry on because in the short run it probably relieves whatever cuases that antisocial symptom.

Disagreeing is not being antisocial. Its called debate.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm surprised no-one has compared it to the great man's sublime effort for QPR against WBA a while back. Also chasing a through ball and in my opinion far more skillful than Vardy's effort and from a worse angle.

I'd put this and Ince's efforts joint first with Vardy a very honourable third (ignoring the contexts!)

I'd go along with that, and wasn't it with the outside of his left foot, if my memory serves me correctly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Neither were as good as that catch by Stokes yesterday.

But I vote Ince.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here