Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] VAR vs Us this season - a disgrace

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I know there’s an argument that over a season things even themselves out but we have had FOUR absolutely appalling decisions go against us this season. Decisions that all former pros and ex refs have agreed were wrong. Even the PGMOL acknowledged one of them:

1. The penalty not given be Villa for the foul on Alexis Mac. Almost certainly cost us a point.
2. The foul on Welbeck v Leicester not given. Probably cost us two points.
3. The foul on Ferguson from Fabinho. Didn’t cost us as we scored a winner
4. The offside today. Absolutely ridiculous as we keep being told offsides are either on or not and today it proves it can be wrong. I think that cost us two points.

That’s a potential 5 points we have lost due to absolutely ridiculous VAR calls. I’m struggling to this of a single one this season where we got lucky and won points as a result. If anyone can think of one please comment as it would make me feel better.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not forgetting the disgrace that was the FA cup game the other week

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know there’s an argument that over a season things even themselves out but we have had FOUR absolutely appalling decisions go against us this season. Decisions that all former pros and ex refs have agreed were wrong. Even the PGMOL acknowledged one of them:

1. The penalty not given be Villa for the foul on Alexis Mac. Almost certainly cost us a point.
2. The foul on Welbeck v Leicester not given. Probably cost us two points.
3. The foul on Ferguson from Fabinho. Didn’t cost us as we scored a winner
4. The offside today. Absolutely ridiculous as we keep being told offsides are either on or not and today it proves it can be wrong. I think that cost us two points.

That’s a potential 5 points we have lost due to absolutely ridiculous VAR calls. I’m struggling to this of a single one this season where we got lucky and won points as a result. If anyone can think of one please comment as it would make me feel better.
All I see VAR as is another incompetent ref or whoever guessing at at the same decision the ref didn’t have the balls to make in the first place. Saying that the computerised offside worked well in the WC.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
All I see VAR as is another incompetent ref or whoever guessing at at the same decision the ref didn’t have the balls to make in the first place. Saying that the computerised offside worked well in the WC.
I agree and that is unforgivable. These idiots have the opportunity to review exactly what has happened, I cannot believe they get it so wrong so often. Agree re the WC offsides, maybe removing any sort of human intervention is the answer.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How about Silva for Man City? That was a disgrace

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Rather than retrospective apologies some of these refs should be removed from the role, it’s not good enough
This is the point , there are potentianally club changing consequences being made by these incompetent clowns , and there is litterally no penalty to them if/when they screw it up . What incentive is there for them to get it right if there is no accountability .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
This is the point , there are potentianally club changing consequences being made by these incompetent clowns , and there is litterally no penalty to them if/when they screw it up . What incentive is there for them to get it right if there is no accountability .
2 points to us especially this year could define our season massively

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting, thanks.

John Brooks sitting there away from crowd interaction and player/manager pressure, just had to get one simple thing correct.

Bread n butter to a purported professional.

What an incompetent tw@t.

With zero implications for him going forward.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’ve said this before this season, namely after the non penalty v Villa but Paul Barber should insist on an explanation from PGMOL and a meeting to discuss etc.

The rationale being that we may just get a couple of 50/50 decisions go out way because if we make a fuss referees will become paranoid about awarding the wrong decision versus us after PGMOL have admitted to two errors in a month. It can’t do any harm.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting, thanks.

John Brooks sitting there away from crowd interaction and player/manager pressure, just had to get one simple thing correct.

Bread n butter to a purported professional.

What an incompetent tw@t.

With zero implications for him going forward.
If I was that shit at my job I’d have been sacked!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must say I thought Mac Allister could have been sent off today for that studs up challenge after only 5 minutes or so. So I guess that's one + for us?
Nah, he didn't have studs up all the way and although they were bounced up when they hit the shin (having tried to clip the ball and missing it), his boot quickly came off the shin. It wasn't straight through the Palace player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here