Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] VAR red card

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20191228-180553_Chrome.jpg
That damn armpit decision again FFS......

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Don't see how a player can be announced as VAR'ed for a possible red card, then not even given a yellow. More than a bit pathetic IMHO.
On the replay it is more than clear that he never had his face touched at all yet went down holding his face as if he’d been hit. It’s as bad as diving IMO and needs to get out of the game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Harrys Kane and WIlson have both tried to get one of our players sent off.
Making a meal of a challenge will force the ref to consult with VAR, potentially ruining any momentum the other team may have.
It is cheating pure and simple and if there is no deterrent will become even more prevalent as a tactic to break up play.

If you are forcing the ref to invoke VAR for no good reason, it should be a yellow card offence, just like any other dive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ridiculous wasn't it - they were checking for 'violent conduct'. Unsurprisingly they said there was none, as there was nothing there. Yet a few minutes later a Bournemouth player raises his foot and catches propper (?), in a similar vein to Stephens' red card at Boro, and as far as I can tell it wasn't even checked. Why not? And that's (one of) the most irritating things with VAR - the inconsistency.

And then in the last minute, Murray has a shot when he was clearly offside, but the lino kept his flag down as he is meant to if it's 'close'. If Murray had scored it would have been ruled out, but because he didn't, we got a corner. So, what would have happened if we had scored from that?

I saw that back on the monitor infront of me and it wasn’t offside imo.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Same old Bmuff, always cheating - was an excellent song, given their cheating to get in the league in the first place. What a dirty niggly bunch of cheats - loved beating them! They should have started on -2 goals for that pathetic away ‘support’ to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here