Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra -

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He was embarrassing. So much so that those in East stand in 2nd half were moaning everytime it was passed to him. I have never ever seen a winger acheive so little as he did last night. Nearly everytime he received it we thought his cross would find nearest defender and he never let us down.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think 4-3-3 with Murphy - Zamora - Wilson however that will leave the defence a bit exposed as Wilson doesn't track back well. Need CH to earn his money for this game and Magic a win out of what we have available.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not a fan, he started well but last night I found him to be the most frustrating player on the pitch, no ability to beat his man or cross the ball. I am seeing why Wolves were happy to let him go. Man of the match, how can anybody have thought that???

I am delighted we can't play him against Wolves and really hope we give Manu a game. He looked much more likely to make something happen in his very short cameo last night.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
VLP has given the ball away too often, not defended well enough, failed to provide enough crosses, but has scored two goals in a team that isn't awash with goal scorers just now and we have no one else fit. Not an easy decision.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boy gave it his all. Reflected in his MoM where the sponsors seemed to call it right for once. OK, he's pretty much KLL-Lite in the grand scheme of things, but can't fault his appetite for the ball. Seemed well up for the cause and the more of these we have the better things will go. IMHO, like.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
How he got MOTM last night is beyond me, not that many players deserved the honour, but despite making good runs, his crossing was so poor at times.
Saying that, I would take him on loan until the end of the season, unless of course better options arise.

Batwell31

Dec 11, 2015
We're really struggling on the wings at the moment - both Murphy & VLP are playing well below par. Last night they didn't provide any crosses that beat the first man.I agree VLP had an appetite, but less tricks and more quality is needed in that section of the pitch. Both players need to be able to drill the ball across the danger areas.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Couldn't fault his workrate or effort tonight, but did he manage to get even ONE cross beyond the first frigging defender ? Frustrated the hell out of me.

Exactly this. He had a go. Unfortunately his 'go' wasn't quite good enough.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Boy gave it his all. Reflected in his MoM where the sponsors seemed to call it right for once. OK, he's pretty much KLL-Lite in the grand scheme of things, but can't fault his appetite for the ball. Seemed well up for the cause and the more of these we have the better things will go. IMHO, like.

With all due respect - that's nonsense

1) Never made himself available at throw ins - barely moved.

2) He has one gear, no turn of pace. Countless times he had an opportunity to push the ball past the last defender and use the space behind him but never did, and never burst pay anyone.

3) His decision making is shocking, over and over again last night he would turn inside, make a bit of space to use, but then undo by turning back and into a dead end.

4) He can't cross for sh*t, I doubt a single cross made it past the first man. Quite a few times he tried to cross when it simply wasn't on and passing backwards / inside would have been the better option.

He's filling a gap at the minute, but the MoM award was laughable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

2) He has one gear, no turn of pace. Countless times he had an opportunity to push the ball past the last defender and use the space behind him but never did, and never burst pay anyone.

3) His decision making is shocking, over and over again last night he would turn inside, make a bit of space to use, but then undo by turning back and into a dead end.

4) He can't cross for sh*t, I doubt a single cross made it past the first man. Quite a few times he tried to cross when it simply wasn't on and passing backwards / inside would have been the better option.

But apart from that, fine?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

This

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No he didn't..that was Bruno who crossed it. He couldn't beat the first man with any laughable attempt at a cross.

they look so similar how did I get that wrong! (just seen the highlights) although I'm sure VLP was involved in the move *clutching at straws* he definitely did cut back one ball in the 2nd half....to no one but someone should have hung back imo. He did have a lot of the ball and at least had a go at them, ineffective yesterday but on other days...? It's his defending that worries me more tbh

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Couldn't fault his workrate or effort tonight, but did he manage to get even ONE cross beyond the first frigging defender ? Frustrated the hell out of me.

Ditto. It seemed he struggled with the concept of if someone is standing in the way the cross will hit them. Seemed to rely on luck of the ball not hitting defender - more like a hit and hope - and it hit the defender nearly every time. Most frustrating - not done enough to warrant a bid IMO & def not mom!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Have to say I agree 100%

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd like to see Elvis given a go on Friday and for the cup game, before anyone makes a call on whether to keep VLP to be honest.

We paid good money for Elvis and he's beginning to show a bit of promise.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I know some on here love their stats (albeit they're usually used to support the idea that Hemed is a good player as he's our top scorer) so here's a couple. He's got 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games and 1 sub appearance. We've got 6 points since his arrival and without his input we'd be 4 points worse off. That's 6 goals we've scored since his arrival, of which he's contributed or scored half of them.

I don't disagree with the idea that he's a drop in quality from how KLL and then March were playing pre-injuries, but he's certainly not been the main issue in the team in his 6 games here and we could do much worse than at least extending his loan until the end of the season.

As for yesterday, was he MOM? Probably not. But he did as much, if not more, than any of the other attacking players in trying to create opportunities for our team, particularly in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here