• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The lack of pace of Webster, Dunk, Milner and Gross makes us very vulnerable
This 1000% we need both full backs to be flying machines, considering we play a style that can only really be combated by sitting deep and springing the counter attack we’re not anywhere near close to being equipped to deal with it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
With what we have to play with currently...
Veltman, Van Hecke, Dunk, Estupinan

Which is not good enough for a team challenging up half of the Premier league.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
We do look short of legs in the back line, Estupinan excepted.

Igor may improve things, Veltman is not massively pacy, but I trust him to get attacks stopped.

Perhaps we do need further reinforcements, all our pace suddenly seems very front loaded.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our attacking options look increasingly class. Our back line is looking extremely ropey frankly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Still Webster for me, just a better player.

Today he wasn’t great, but defensively we were woeful. Milner was poor, as was Pervis in terms of defending.

The first goal, was a disaster for Webster tried to force a pass, and then instead of running the ball out, tried a ridiculous flick, which was stupid, but I bet he realises.

Edit - just seen goals. I don’t blame him on the second , if he goes for them challenge, he leaves the team exposed if he’s beaten, third just poor on his part. (First as I saw it at the time).

Our finishing today was more like a Potter team than a RdZ team, we can congratulate their keeper on a great performance, but most of the shot were near to him.

All in all very disappointing.

Why no option for Igor?

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Webster was a liability today, i'm still not sure why Van Hecke was dropped, didn't think he did anything wrong v Luton, surely he must start v Newcastle.
On the club website video of training, he looked to be feeling his thigh perhaps a strain?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't help thinking todays starting hash was for two reasons . . . Rest and rotate players for obvious reasons, but mostly to highlight that if you want to compete top 10 and Europe you need better than a few we had today, especially as we've lost 3, hae several crocks, and still have weaklnesses As well as uncovered areas. Gross cannot patch up everything all season . . . Especially with Euro games coming up.

I've no doubt the club are working hard, hopefully today is the alarm bell they needed to work as hard behind the scenes as is necessary to get us at least as strong as we were last season, which I don't think we currently are in defence or midfield. We've finally got our strikers . . . But less behind them

Last edited:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Still Webster for me, just a better player.

Today he wasn’t great, but defensively we were woeful. Milner was poor, as was Pervis in terms of defending.

The first goal, was a disaster for Webster tried to force a pass, and then instead of running the ball out, tried a ridiculous flick, which was stupid, but I bet he realises.

Our finishing today was more like a Potter team than a RdZ team, we can congratulate their keeper on a great performance, but most of the shot were near to him.

All in all very disappointing.

Why no option for Igor?
"today he wasn't great"! you are right there, he was very very poor.
In a game like today the first goal is so important and for him to gift them their first with two errors like that was shocking. The thing i cannot get my head round is the second error when surely it was the simplest task just to knock the ball out so we could regroup. Maybe he does now realise it but to me he should have known that already, it was basic defending was it not?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dunk didn't try a stupid flick and get on the wrong side for the other two goals. Webster was awful. The way we play requires our defenders to be on their game, Webster was playing a different level.
The way we play - especially against a team that plays two banks of four and occasionally breaks effin' fast - requires us to have very quick defenders, CBs as well as the FBs. Even Dunk's place could be under threat unless we - sorry, de Zerbi - can work out a way to counter old style managers (who just maybe know a thing or two about what they're doing - not quite such dinosaurs after all!) like Dyche and Moyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports