Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Van Gogh Immersive Experience Coming To Brighton

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Leaving aside that you can't even spell the guy's name right, you could always just appreciate the visual spectacle of the thing instead of getting all snobby on us. I've spent from dawn to dusk in the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam and I still want to see this. And I'm sure there will be very many Brighton types loading up on their poison of choice and having the very best of times in there :lol:
Wow - firstly apologies for the typo
Secondly - why would you take my post as an attack on you? If you didn’t take it as that, why respond to my post with an attack on me and accuse me of being ‘snobby’. Read my post again - I said I personally would rather see the original.

Just because you started a thread doesn’t mean NSCers have to agree with you - clearly I’m not the only poster who wasn’t overly impressed.

Enjoy the show, I’m sure you will indeed find it ‘amazing’ 👍

Stupid thread any way - you are not interesting in anyone’s opinion just silly one liners 😟

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow - firstly apologies for the typo
Secondly - why would you take my post as an attack on you? If you didn’t take it as that, why respond to my post with an attack on me and accuse me of being ‘snobby’. Read my post again - I said I personally would rather see the original.

Just because you started a thread doesn’t mean NSCers have to agree with you - clearly I’m not the only poster who wasn’t overly impressed.

Enjoy the show, I’m sure you will indeed find it ‘amazing’ 👍
Never once took it as a personal attack. Just thought you came across as a bit of a pompous tvvat on this particular occasion 🙂

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Never once took it as a personal attack. Just thought you came across as a bit of a pompous tvvat. Still do in fact on this occasion 🙂
I’m not being pompous - it just doesn’t appeal to me - I would rather see the originals without the music and light show that’s all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Btw I have mild dyslexia- auto correct works most of the time for me but not on proper names if I have not typed them before on my phone therefore your sarcastic comment wasn’t appreciated very much 😒

I love conceptual and installation art as it happens but using original elements- remember going to see Yoko Ono’s Mend Piece and some other shows at the Serpentine in London many years ago - brilliant.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you find yourself in Figueres, Spain, go to the amazing Dali museum there...just wow!
My parents took me to that one while we were on holiday in Spain - I was only 5 years old - I was taken out screaming because the ‘crooked faces’ and ‘melting clocks’ freaked me out 😂. Years later he became one of my favourite artists.

We also were taken to the Museo Reina Sofía in Madrid later on the same holiday. Picasso’s Guernica didn’t disturb me nearly as much (although it does now) because I loved horses (which my Dad pointed out in the painting for me) but at that age was completely immune to the horrors of war and therefore blind to the painting’s imagery or it’s meaning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m not being pompous - it just doesn’t appeal to me ffs - mea culpa for expressing an opinion contrary to yours. I would rather see the originals without the music and light show that’s all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Btw I have mild dyslexia- auto correct works most of the time for me but not on proper names if I have not typed them before on my phone therefore your sarcastic comment wasn’t appreciated very much 😒
Apologies for that that, then :shrug:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My parents took me to that one while we were on holiday in Spain - I was only 5 years old - I was taken out screaming because the ‘crooked faces’ and ‘melting clocks’ freaked me out 😂. Years later he became one of my favourite artists.

We also were taken to the Museo Reina Sofía in Madrid later on the same holiday. Picasso’s Guernica didn’t disturb me nearly as much (although it does now) because I loved horses (which my Dad pointed out in the painting for me) but at that age was completely immune to the horrors of war and therefore blind to the painting’s imagery or it’s meaning.
Yes, we certainly react differently at different ages! Your parents had a lot of faith in you at 5 years to take you into the Dali museum 😂, some wonderful and disturbing stuff there 👍.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, we certainly react differently at different ages! Your parents had a lot of faith in you at 5 years to take you into the Dali museum 😂, some wonderful and disturbing stuff there 👍.
Yes, years later my parents told me they had been asked by the curator to take me out and that the exhibition wasn’t suitable for young kids - little did the curator know though that like Dali, at the age of 5, I was also obsessed with drawing and painting but not cars, houses and matchstick people like most normal 5 year olds but pretty surreal (and a tad disturbing) paintings (I had bad dreams as a kid ) - Guess Mum and Dad thought I would recognise a kindred spirit 😂

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If you find yourself in Figueres, Spain, go to the amazing Dali museum there...just wow!
It was blistering hot when I was there, so had an evening nap then went to the midnight opening - very special 👍
I actually mentioned it to the Mrs the other day, it looks amazing.
Not sure if it's still there, but there used to be an exhibition next to the London eye. Had two large sculptures outside (space elephant and space Venus), the sculptures, sketches and paintings in there were, for want of a better word, unreal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would hope a show like this might still encourage people to go and see the ‘real thing’ rather than affirming a need not to see the originals - our great art museums need public money.

If it encourages these types to visit galleries I’m out!

Imagine wandering around an art gallery and having Joey Barton bothering you as you try and understand why a load of paint splattered on a canvas costs 5 million and wonder if your 5 year old could do that?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Imagine wandering around an art gallery and having Joey Barton bothering you as you try and understand why a load of paint splattered on a canvas costs 5 million and wonder if your 5 year old could do that?
9664814B-7F37-4B7D-AA10-B0A467644641.jpeg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm a keen gallery goer and often visit galleries for shows (maybe 6 visits a year to different galleries). However I saw this online and thought "what a load of old pony". Then found out my mrs has booked us tickets to it. Oh well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Booked, how many loyalty points do I get and is it POTG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see David Hockney has one of these “immersive“ shows as well. I’d be interested in seeing this as 1) I like his work and 2) it’s been partially devised by him. point 2) is quite important in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here