Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Van goes over cliff by the marina.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I’m getting a bit sick now of arguing with folk that I don’t know about someone that I suspect nobody on here knows we all have different ways of dealing with stressful situations and death etc
Can we not just get back to the football

Football expert now are we?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
This country has a history of using black humour to get through awful circumstances.

It’s seems that’s another national characteristic we’ve lost and I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This country has a history of using black humour to get through awful circumstances.

It’s seems that’s another national characteristic we’ve lost and I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

Oh, **** off!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Any specific reason for your outburst?

Gallows humour (I think that's what you meant when you said black humour) isn't peculiar to these islands and some gobshite piling in on a stranger's grief isn't gallows humour, it's trolling and disrespectful. I wasn't offended or upset but you can **** off for being a triggered, free speech broflake.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can't offer any RIP to such a thoughtless individual. There are many ways of killing yourself which don't endanger other people.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Can't offer any RIP to such a thoughtless individual. There are many ways of killing yourself which don't endanger other people.

You've just guaranteed another 26 pages FFS! Appreciate what you're saying, while also appreciating that it almost certainly wasn't a rational act, a person so broken that they are resorting to that isn't going to be thinking along those lines in the same way that a person who jumps in front of the 1742 Gatwick Express isn't concerning him or herself that Mr and Mrs Commuter might not make it to their 7pm Pilates class in Hove or that the train driver may never recover mentally. Pure speculation obviously as to the van driver's situation btw.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think this has gone rather well.

You never can pick it on NSC....Such an awful incident and terrible loss of life, I've never heard of people taking their lives there by driving over the edge, so I'm guessing its an accident. Particularly at that time of morning...But I guess we'll never know... Too sad...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Triggered, free speech broflake

wtf is a “triggered, free speech broflake”?

Something something something

Something something something...

You know.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You never can pick it on NSC....Such an awful incident and terrible loss of life, I've never heard of people taking their lives there by driving over the edge, so I'm guessing its an accident. Particularly at that time of morning...But I guess we'll never know... Too sad...

It’s quite confusing how this could have happened but it’s tragic whatever the circumstance.
As for the earlier joke, appropriate or not it was clearly not meant to be cruel, it’s not like the poster directed it at the poor soul who has died.
A sorry story, whatever the cause.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Embarrassing thread.
Amazing how some threads get locked and moved to other stuff by the mods, and here we have posters blatantly taking the piss out of someone local taking their own life.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here