[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
I do think we can be optimistic for next season. As good as it was, no European football on a Thursday to worry about. The growth of the youngsters such as Barco, Bart etc. The wages of Lallana and Fati off the books freeing up budget.
Stripping it all back, it's been a decent season.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Clearly has done enough to earn his stripes for next season - I prefer Igor in as CB - he’s a better blocker than he is at advancing play.

Barco looking like he‘s loving his first Premier League experiences - and has a great attitude…. His passing accuracy is impressive and he made some important blocks - his decision making in RDZ’s set up is already surprisingly good for such a young recruit.

A stand out performer in every game he has played so far but as with all development players, I’m sure that will have peaks and troughs next season.

Next season - I would love to see him linking up with Mitoma when he’s fit again - I think that would be a killer combination down the left side.

On the other side, I look forward to Hinshelwood being back too.

2024/5 will be a great development season for us and I can see us back in Europe again provided we are not floored by injuries again.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Clearly has done enough to earn his stripes for next season - I prefer Igor in as CB - he’s a better blocker than he is at advancing play.

Barco looking like he‘s loving his first Premier League experiences - and has a great attitude…. His passing accuracy is impressive and his decision making in RDZ’s set up is already surprisingly good for such a young recruit.

A stand out performer in every game he has played so far but as with all development players, I’m sure that will have peaks and troughs next season.
Didn’t even make the squad at the weekend which I thought was an odd omission given his cameos have been really impressive.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Barco looking like he‘s loving his first Premier League experiences - and has a great attitude…. His passing accuracy is impressive and he made some important blocks - his decision making in RDZ’s set up is already surprisingly good for such a young recruit.

Yep, his decision making and passing/crossing choice was impressive.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
He's a little firecracker!! Imagine basically replacing the team captain in a match and having to step up when you're young and new? He was amazing!
This may have been mentioned on this thread before, but tonight, due to one little side shot I realised why he looked so familiar. It has actually been driving me mad....
His name is James and he's been wearing blue and white stripes for years!! Sorry Valentin! :confused:
If someone could replace The Snowman with a seagull that would be great!! 😁

1715808415016.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
These are a good SINGING.

Jimmy Grimble

Some excellent passes tonight and good general play but I’m really not sure what position we should play him in. He’s not quite quick enough to be a winger and he’s still a little bit suspect defensively as a full back. From tonight, it seems like he needs to be in a position where he’s on the ball in deep areas.

May 16, 2023
Yep he's a LWB rather than anything else at the moment. RDZ is only likely to start aggressively pushing the full backs up the pitch again (when we play 4 at the back) if we get that proper Prem-ready Caicedo replacement. But if Perv doesn't get his 2022/23 form back, you could see Barco starting a few games next year. All three of our CFs are tasty in the air so you'd think he'd want to exploit that

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Some excellent passes tonight and good general play but I’m really not sure what position we should play him in. He’s not quite quick enough to be a winger and he’s still a little bit suspect defensively as a full back. From tonight, it seems like he needs to be in a position where he’s on the ball in deep areas.
He should be an inverted wingback.

Like what Pep had Cancelo doing where defensively he plays left back but in possession moves into the central midfield position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports