[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I did read somewhere, the reason that Boca wanted the buyout clause is because the player pays it, and therefore, Boca don’t have to pay various taxes, fees, and donate to various ex player benevolent funds that they would incur if it was a transfer fee.

I can’t find the article again, it was from an Argentine source, and Google translation.

I’m pretty sure it said , Boca would lose 35% of the transfer fee, if the buyout clause wasn’t triggered.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did read somewhere, the reason that Boca wanted the buyout clause is because the player pays it, and therefore, Boca don’t have to pay various taxes, fees, and donate to various ex player benevolent funds that they would incur if it was a transfer fee.

I can’t find the article again, it was from an Argentine source, and Google translation.

I’m pretty sure it said , Boca would lose 35% of the transfer fee, if the buyout clause wasn’t triggered.
That’s my understanding - he triggers and pays the release clause, not us……

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
??

Ultimately shirley we must pay it even if on paper Barco triggers it?

I doubt young Colo yet has 10m$ and according to Romano, we already sent the money and Boca have it?

Not that it really matters, but Boca have 10m and we are 10m lighter.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We will have paid the money to Barco for him to then pay the release clause. This is so Boca can avoid various taxes etc as previously mentioned.

I believe in Spain it’s the other way around. A club pays the money directly to the league or to the other club to enable the player to trigger the release clause, if it came via a player the money would be then subject to capital gains tax.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
??

Ultimately shirley we must pay it even if on paper Barco triggers it?

I doubt young Colo yet has 10m$ and according to Romano, we already sent the money and Boca have it?

Not that it really matters, but Boca have 10m and we are 10m lighter.

We pay it via Barco.

A buy-out clause is so the player can buy himself out of the contact.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Apart from Harland.....I can't think of anyone costing loads that has hit the ground running. Nunez is selfish and wasteful. Everyone has to bed in. Just a matter of how good they can be with the right coaching. We seem to recruit well.

The idea that any ambitious club should be like West Ham and Everton, and just buy in top talent who slot in on day one, and they go on and win trophies, is an idea that lacks only one thing. Any evidence that this is something that happens. Even ManUre spend like Viv Nicholson, win f*** all, and then have the embarrassing experience of their players being booed by their own supporters.

Expensive signings buys more sense of entitlement than it buys achievement.
On the other hand it has certainly worked well at Chelsea in recent years. At least I have enjoyed it anyway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More confirmation that the deal is done but the first confirmation i've seen so far that Barco (perhaps no surprise- but you never know) is going straight into the first team squad.

From the final of the Copa Libertadores to our U21s is a little too fantastical one believes, even for this forum!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
From the final of the Copa Libertadores to our U21s is a little too fantastical one believes, even for this forum!
it seemed unlikely for those reasons and also because of Albion injuries /squad depth etc - but then Albion aren't averse to loaning out players like this. Buonanotte was close to being loaned to Leeds last summer if reports are to be believed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports