[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Vickery suggesting what the videos and analysis all point towards. Clearly he's blossomed as an attacking player. Seems like huge potential to play a number of positions very well.
As others have said on here- given our attacking players play on the opposite flank I wouldn't be surprised to see him initially play as a right winger.
Valentin (Gareth) Barco (Bale)👍

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doesn't count towards the 25 as under 21.
In1 way we have too many U21 players, but as some of them are sqaud ready I think we'll have to keep March in the squad and use the U21s.

Does Enciso qualify as an U21 player? (I know he IS under 21, but do they need to be academy players?)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My Brazilian friend just sent this pic of 'the mf mocking us in our last Libertadores defeat'.
Us being Palmeiras in the semi finals.
Imagine him doing this in front of the Holmesdale when we're 3-0 up next season

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
In1 way we have too many U21 players, but as some of them are sqaud ready I think we'll have to keep March in the squad and use the U21s.

Does Enciso qualify as an U21 player? (I know he IS under 21, but do they need to be academy players?)
For Europe, Enciso isn't eligible for List B as he only joined us in 2022.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I think Jack Hinshelwood is already on List A as one of our 4 club-trained players

Edit just to clarify: I think the 4 club-trained on List A are Dunk, March, McGill and Hinshelwood. So JH is already in the 25, does count, and there's no point having him on list B (U21) as we'd just lose the club-trained spot in the 25 (List A would be reduced to 24).

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Jack Hinshelwood?

Jack was named in the A list Europa League squad for the first half of the season, he would have been one of the club trained players, so can't be added to replace March.

We can only add three players and at the moment you'd assume those 3 to be Enciso, Moder and Barco. We'd need to remove two players from the squad to accommodate all three though. My guess would be Dahoud and one other, possibly Lamptey as we've got enough HGP to cover Lamptey dropping out. We don't have any other club trained players though so if we de-listed March we could only name a maximum squad of 24 and would still have to drop 2 other players to get the other 3 players in the squad.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Jack was named in the A list Europa League squad for the first half of the season, he would have been one of the club trained players, so can't be added to replace March.

We can only add three players and at the moment you'd assume those 3 to be Enciso, Moder and Barco. We'd need to remove two players from the squad to accommodate all three though. My guess would be Dahoud and one other, possibly Lamptey as we've got enough HGP to cover Lamptey dropping out. We don't have any other club trained players though so if we de-listed March we could only name a maximum squad of 24 and would still have to drop 2 other players to get the other 3 players in the squad.

Given how little football he played in the EL Group Stages, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lallana drop out.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Given how little football he played in the EL Group Stages, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lallana drop out.

I guess it depends on how fit we expect Lamptey to be for the rest of the season. Lallana’s experience, knowledge and leadership could be vital from the bench to see out a game.

I didn’t realise ALs only mins in the Europa League came in the home game against Marseille, but I believe he was still vital in beating them. It was his quick flick to Ferguson that led to the goal for Pedro.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I guess it depends on how fit we expect Lamptey to be for the rest of the season. Lallana’s experience, knowledge and leadership could be vital from the bench to see out a game.

I didn’t realise ALs only mins in the Europa League came in the home game against Marseille, but I believe he was still vital in beating them. It was his quick flick to Ferguson that led to the goal for Pedro.

It is a tough call, which as you say resides on the expectations of whether Lamptey will be available or not. If he is, I'd probably favour keeping him in ahead of Lallana, but appreciate what you say about his Marseille involvement.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
No but I loved it and he did get his pass away afterwards
I was entering into the 3-0 at Selhurst fantasy and suggesting it would be 3-0 before half time. For comic effect, not to complain about footballers being entertaining in an entertainment industry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports