Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Have a look, Have a look, Yes it's Valentin Barco.
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening speed
(Vale Barco) Vale Barco, (Vale Barco) Vale Barco, Vale Barco, magnifico
I'm just a new boy, now you have signed me
He's just a new boy, in Sussex by the sea
Give him a chance in a new Premier League

No?
Phenomenal

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In fairness we've got Gross, Gilmour, Milner, Moder and Baleba (who I believe will come good,) so we are probably covered there. I'd like to see a winger come in as a replacement for Solly.
Spot on

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well he's known as 'Colo' in Argentina, so we'll be subject to a re-hash of the Kolo/Yaya Toure thing. Guaranteed. Facu perhaps :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well he's known as 'Colo' in Argentina, so we'll be subject to a re-hash of the Kolo/Yaya Toure thing. Guaranteed. Facu perhaps :shrug:
Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo
Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo Bar-co.

If we just stick with that, repeated, and don't try to shoe-horn in a 'yaya', then why not :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

No?
Some of your best work.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good lad !

Always thought maccer was a bit of a pussy for crying about that.
Kind of agree. I've been 'Ginge' at just about every football and cricket team I've played for in the last 40 years. When it is not meant as a slight, then its not a slight - as far as I'm concerned, at least.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo
Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo, Co-lo Bar-co.

If we just stick with that, repeated, and don't try to shoe-horn in a 'yaya', then why not :thumbsup:
I came to that conclusion after spending too much time trying think of a 'yaya' to shoehorn in.

My best/worst was
La-la, La-la La-la
La-la La-la
La-la
Adam La-lan-a

:moo:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We got him from a club in Ar-gen-ti-na
Where he played left back and his name is Valentin Barco...
B-Ar-C-O Barco...

He walked into the team, now plays on the wing
Now we all love him, and we'd all give him our last Rolo
R-o-l-o Rolo...
For-co-co-co Colo...
Co-co-co-co Colo...

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Kind of agree. I've been 'Ginge' at just about every football and cricket team I've played for in the last 40 years. When it is not meant as a slight, then its not a slight - as far as I'm concerned, at least.
Yeah my brother is a 6ft 3in ginger, broader!! goalkeeper. He was very well known for about 10 years in local league football as the ‘BGK’ - big ginger keeper. He loved it though, gave him some low level fame!

In fairness though, I thought the Mac Allister story was that he wasn’t bothered about it but that Messi stopped their team mates calling him that and the story went from there about Messi looking out for him rather than Mac being bothered about it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
for those following a certain Mr Lion and their predictions.

- The deal isn't done
- Not sure why anybody will be going to Brighton - given the players, club and manager will be in Dubai on their mid season break.
- Barco anyway almost certainly will be on international duty in the pre Olympic u23 tournament in Venezuela so not available until mid February so even if the deal goes through will not necessarily be headed to the south coast. "in the next few days".

mrlion.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

No?
VINTAGE riskit. :bowdown:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Seen some reports on Twitter that Boca are holding out for the release clause which means that we’ll have to pay the $10m up front. I expect they need the cash. I expect we can find that after recent sales.
May mean this is the only deal we do, this window but with players returning from injury, I’m happy with that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

- The deal isn't done
- Not sure why anybody will be going to Brighton - given the players, club and manager will be in Dubai on their mid season break.
- Barco anyway almost certainly will be on international duty in the pre Olympic u23 tournament in Venezuela so not available until mid February so even if the deal goes through will not necessarily be headed to the south coast. "in the next few days".

View attachment 172403

Not saying anything he’s saying is true, but our recruitment team and higher management team like Barber are unlikely to be in Dubai. We aren’t going to hold up recruitment because the first team squad have gone for some warm weather training.

The Olympic qualifiers don’t start for another 12 days either so plenty of time for him to fly in, do the necessary and fly out to meet up with the Argentina squad.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not saying anything he’s saying is true, but our recruitment team and higher management team like Barber are unlikely to be in Dubai. We aren’t going to hold up recruitment because the first team squad have gone for some warm weather training.

The Olympic qualifiers don’t start for another 12 days either so plenty of time for him to fly in, do the necessary and fly out to meet up with the Argentina squad.
Of course. And agreed - there's a chance he'd fly into Lancing and back again - but of course Mr Lion can probably give us the heads up about that !!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

- The deal isn't done

View attachment 172403
When it goes through he will claim he was right. If it doesn’t go through he will delete it like the rubbish about Solly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When it goes through he will claim he was right. If it doesn’t go through he will delete it like the rubbish about Solly
What did this chancer say about Solly?

My fav was the other night when he said Veltman was still out for personal reasons and Welbeck would be on the bench - then the complete opposite happened 🤣

Not worth the copy and paste this kid tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here