Vale face extinction

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Just got this off the BBC website, no idea it was so serious:

Vale face extinction

Port Vale entertain Stockport at Vale Park on Sunday

Port Vale could be playing their last match when they take on Stockport at Vale Park, report BBC Radio Stoke.

Vice-chairman Charles Machin says the club could cease to exist if a deal with prospective new owner Gianni Paladini is not concluded by Monday.

But, captain Sam Collins says Vale need to concentrate on the match and build on the win over Sheffeild Wednesday.

"If we do that we will be in a great position going into the New Year," said Collins.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/3351007.stm

Doesn't look good for them, I've no desire to see another team go under, except Palace of course:salute:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
This is the 3rd time I can reacall them calling wolf, what happened when the little boy called wolf?

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
I saw on the BBC Midlands news that the deal with Paladini was as good as signed. They even said he was injecting money for players etc. That was on a couple of days ago.

??

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
One of my colleagues at work is a County supporter, whist another is a Vale supporter. Both report that they are not out of the woods yet.

Good luck to both of these clubs. They need it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
marvin said:
This is the 3rd time I can reacall them calling wolf, what happened when the little boy called wolf?
he got signed by wolves?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yawn. Wake me up when the last-minute rescue package has been put in place.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
...or Robbie Williams stops using the club for publicity and puts his money where his mouth is.....tosser - I hate him

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think there's a rule that a company cannot go into administration twice in a twleve month period - so unless they fold the club someone's going to have to put there hand in their pocket ...........

.......anyway, back to slagging off that C*** Williams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here