Vahid Hambo signs 2 year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Talk of a song seems a tad optimistic based on Hughton's comments that his expectation is for the lad to start challenging for a 1st XI place at some stage later in the season.

It sounds as if he's 5th choice after Hemed, Baldock, COG and Clunge.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well done the club. Dunno why you bother, but well done anyway.

I'm sorry if signing someone from a joke league doesn't get the excitement flowing, how about some proper quality from our own league since we are getting absolutely fleeced on our season tickets.

If this fella can't dislodge COG from the first team as it is he might as well not bother.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
"The young striker has certainly the physical abilities needed as well: not only he’s 193cm tall but also recorded the fastest time of FC Inter’s 30m running test. He’s not a typical Finnish player being sometimes selfish and we’ve also witnessed his temperamental explosions. But when you look at this player, the name “Zlatan of Veikkausliiga” seems to fit indeed."

http://monkeyodds.com/blog/2015/04/vahid-hambo-zlatan-of-veikkausliiga/

The Finnish Zlatan? I'm on board. FLAIR.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Finland league has a similar ranking to that of Ireland. So basically he's a free scoring young forward that we've signed from a team like, say, Shamrock Rovers.

Not the immediate first team player we are looking for, but hey, I'm pretty pleased we've signed him.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Looking at the goal montage earlier in the thread, he seems to be quite strong and has a good first touch. I think he needs to work on his celebration leaps though!

I feel this is a good signing!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we signed the ACTUAL Zlatan, some of the moaning *******s on this forum would find something to moan about

God help them if we were ever to get promoted with increased ST prices with 4 less games, 3 Saturday 3pm matches a season and the prospect of signing aging premier league journeymen

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm sorry if signing someone from a joke league doesn't get the excitement flowing, how about some proper quality from our own league since we are getting absolutely fleeced on our season tickets.

If this fella can't dislodge COG from the first team as it is he might as well not bother.

It was not the lack of excitement that I find disappointing, it was more the writing him off within 5 minutes of arriving. Last sentence is fair enough.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me this signing looks like a squad replacement for COG. If that were the case I'd be happy. But COG's still here. :(

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Talk of a song seems a tad optimistic based on Hughton's comments that his expectation is for the lad to start challenging for a 1st XI place at some stage later in the season.

Not sure if he'll be better than Akindayini or Mar Larusson. Those three all have a chance of being 5th choice if they perform well.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sounds like an Andy Carroll type of player interesting. The usual suspects have written him off already as he's not Adam le Fondre or some other ageing championship striker demanding huge fee's.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think what he means is that he has been signed on the recommendations of our scouting system and that he himself possibly hasn't seen him too much. Consequently he is hoping that once he gets to see him at close quarters he will be good enough to be pressing for a place in the first team sooner rather than later

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Dunk IS leaving, then maybe this fella will become "Hambo, no 5" :laugh: :lolol: :albion2:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sounds like an Andy Carroll type of player interesting. The usual suspect have written him off already as he's not Adam le Fondre or some other ageing championship striker demanding huge fee's.

CH usually always goes for players that he is hopeful will be worth a lot more than their purchase price in the not too distant future

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think what he means is that he has been signed on the recommendations of our scouting system and that he himself possibly hasn't seen him too much. Consequently he is hoping that once he gets to see him at close quarters he will be good enough to be pressing for a place in the first team sooner rather than later

I hope you're right and that the lad doesn't simply turn out to be Niki Maenpaa's Finnish Xbox playmate over for the ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports