Vaguely INTERESTING POP Trivia questions

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Why does Otis Redding whistle his way thru the last part of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Why does Otis Redding whistle his way thru the last part of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"?

I seem to remember that he died before completely finishing the record to his satisfaction. Was he planning to write lyrics later, but didn't get the chance because of the plane crash?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
What about one armed rock drummers?
Def Leppard's drummer.
What about putting together a physically challenged group. Drummer and lead guitarist (Iommi) sorted. Stevie Wonder keyboards and vocals. I'm struggling with a bass player maybe Lemmy could fit at a stretch as he is always legless :) Any other candidates for a supergroup?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

I seem to remember that he died before completely finishing the record to his satisfaction. Was he planning to write lyrics later, but didn't get the chance because of the plane crash?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's about it, as I remember it early in the recording session they "laid down" the length and cadence of the track with the whistle, went home for the weekend / evening - Otis died in a plane crash and so couldn't complete the recording - an enterprising manager and the rest is history.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Def Leppard's drummer.
What about putting together a physically challenged group. Drummer and lead guitarist (Iommi) sorted. Stevie Wonder keyboards and vocals. I'm struggling with a bass player maybe Lemmy could fit at a stretch as he is always legless :) Any other candidates for a supergroup?

Robert Wyatt. He plays just about everything.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Def Leppard's drummer.

John Martyn played a mean guitar. Also, if you're looking for other lead singers then Ian Dury could be a good shout.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
John Martyn played a mean guitar. .

Was John Martyn physically challenged? I never knew that and I saw him in concert :facepalm:

He was a serious pisshead though

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Was John Martyn physically challenged? I never knew that and I saw him in concert :facepalm:

He was a serious pisshead though

He may have been complete when you saw him. He had part of his leg amputated a few years before he died.

Ian Dury could be joined by David Newton-Rohoman, the drummer from Kilburn and the High Roads who couldn't walk without crutches.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Alan Lake, Diana Dors husband was jailed after a pub brawl along with which one hit wonder? And what was his hit?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
removed because it ended up as a circular post :)

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Been done before I know but not for a while I don't think. I think the last time that we did this I hardly recognised any of the bands/artists being mentioned :smile:

At the time, Mick Jagger was often put forward as the person being referred to in the title of Carly Simon's single "You're so Vain"

In fact he was a backing singer on the record and can clearly be heard on the backing chorus, especially towards the end of the record.

Who put the ram in ramalamadingdong? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports