Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vacuum cleaner

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wife wants to retire Hetty and get a lighter model, anyone bought one of the Shark pet hair jobbies especially cordless?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wife wants to retire Hetty and get a lighter model, anyone bought one of the Shark pet hair jobbies especially cordless?

Buy both and/or keep the Hetty.

A lightweight Henry for the heavy stuff and a lightweight cordless rechargeable Shark / Gtech etc...is the way to go.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

The wife bought one on a black Friday deal last year (maybe the year before?).

It's OK - doesn't have the suction power of a Henry / Hetty etc and even though it came with a spare battery, it still can be a struggle to get the whole house done unless both batteries were put on charge after it's used (ergo, as we take it in turns, she always has the benefit of 2 charged batteries ready and waiting whereas I have to remember to put the one left in it on charge a few hours before I'm going to vacuum. Not that it bothers me... :rant:)

It also gets clogged filters and overheats (stops working) quite quickly after they get cleared out.

I would never buy a cordless one myself, but can see the benefit of a lighter, more mobile vacuum if lugging a henry/hetty around is a problem.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We have a Dyson V something, similar to the animal....rechargeable.....RUBBISH.....always going wrong

Now got Shark rechargeable....would like to say its better than the Dyson......not much....not so powerful as the Dyson but does a job

Summary

Not overly impressed with either as their just not as good as I imagined they would be.

Get the brush out missus. ( for me to use)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Dyson V8 (or something) works brilliantly (so I'm told) but you really do have to clean the filters regularly (seemingly)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Dyson Big Ball Animal 2. 2 cats, clean house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have one of these which, if anything, can be a bit too powerful. Used once a week for a full house clean.

Day to day we use a Dyson V7, which is brilliant and so handy.

Anyone who says that Dysons aren't great is a dirty ******* who doesn't empty the bin or wash the filters often enough.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Brilliant !! The girlfriend loves it :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We just got a Shark with the free car cleaning kit attachments. Mrs HS loves it.
8 metre lead, much lighter than the Dyson we had. Middle section lifts off so she can do the stairs just holding the motor and dust collection body. Thin base to get in closer to the furniture with headlights to see clearly under cupboards and the pet hair detail.
Car attachments have all the tiny bits and bobs to clean between the seats and the dash vents etc.
Best £200 we have ever spent she reckons.
Didnt bother with the cordless one, reports are less suction and poor battery time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our Dyson V11? Animal cordless is amazing.

Never goes wrong, powerful, collects all pet hairs etc.

Reduces in size for getting in the tiny spaces in vacuuming cars.

Rated the best by the independent Which?

Expensive at £500, but worth it for us.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sebo Felix Pet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here