Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Rosler sacked. How many other managers have been axed after losing to us?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Any manager worth their salt is not going to touch the Leeds job with a barge pole because they know they will get undermined by Cellini. It is a basket case of a club, regardless of the history the club has and there are a lot of managers who simply don't want to run the risk of damaging their reputation. It's less of an issue for Steve Evans as his reputation was low to start off with. I'd be surprised if he lasts 6 months.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Any manager worth their salt is not going to touch the Leeds job with a barge pole because they know they will get undermined by Cellini. It is a basket case of a club, regardless of the history the club has and there are a lot of managers who simply don't want to run the risk of damaging their reputation. It's less of an issue for Steve Evans as his reputation was low to start off with. I'd be surprised if he lasts 6 months.

Or take it, get the sack and get the full contract paid up for a months work?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maybe Leeds is just a forward-thinking city and needed a way to boost its restaurant and takeaway industries?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know Cellino stepped in and saved the club, but shirley the Leeds fans must be sick to death of that clown by now - he's turned them into the biggest laughing stock since that pathetic thieving joke of a club along the coast that now plies its trade in the noddy leagues. I can't be bothered to try accessing their locked-down forums, but would be interested to know the vibe amongst Leeds fans - do they want shot of that goon now ? I suppose they need his money, so they're stuck with him for the foreseeable. At least until he gets bored of hiring 6 managers a season whilst scuffling around in the second division.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Harsh decision - they looked decent against us and if they had not us the injury would almost certainly have taken at point

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't there a period last season where every team we beat then sacked their manager?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I could see Evans and Cellino parting company before Saturday, and I fully expect that if he is appointed manager he'll immediately be installed as favourite in the Championship "Sack Race" betting.

Even by Cellino's standards this Rosler sacking is an appalling decision. Had Chris Wood not had an off-day and Bobby not scored his wonderful goal then Leeds would have had had a record of 3 wins, 3 defeats and 5 draws, so not the end of the world. Leeds had a number of positives they could take out of Saturday's match, and although I'm not their biggest fan I fancy 18th is something of a false position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here