Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uwe, Krul, Norwood

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I looked up his stats a few weeks ago and was surprised how much he'd played. 33 league appearances in our promotion season, 36 in Fulham's, plus all 3 play off games (and 5 goals).

Only 15 starts for us .... and something similar for Fulham as well.

Didn’t really start for Fulham after the turn of the year when they hit form

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Norwood can cross a ball better than
Any of our current players. He has a really good touch. So bad move . Better than Kayal and Stevens and getting better. Good luck to him

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Norwood can cross a ball better than
Any of our current players. He has a really good touch. So bad move . Better than Kayal and Stevens and getting better. Good luck to him

If he's better than Kayal (which he could be) and Stephens (which he definitively isn't), why did he almost never play ahead of them when he was with us (and was also behind Sidwell)? I seem to remember us getting promoted pretty comfortably with them in the side.

I'm pleased for him, but I don't get the need to over-hype ex-players at the expense of those who were consistently better at the time and are still better now. Krul never got a look in for us (or Newcastle in the end), so Premier league standard? Nah. Norwood would have been a solid proposition last season as a back up. Uwe, as much as loved him and his attitude was so firmly behind Duffy and Dunk that it's difficult to say that he'd ever close that gap and go ahead of Burn or Balogun.

Look forward to all of them proving me wrong and keeping their respective teams in the league at our expense next season... (should we stay up)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here