Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Everyone on here seems to think that we'll be playing 4-4-2 all season. What CH has actually said is that he wants us to play a variety of systems. That said, I doubt we'll see much three at the back, if at all, with the 4-1-4-1 that we finished with against Forest as the most used alternative to 4-4-2.

I guess that would depend on if we are chasing the game at the end. The main thing is to cover all options, but yes I doubt we would ever start with 3 at the back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Paderborn is quite a big German town, I think a lot of people would have heard of the football team.

I imagine the only real awareness of Paderborn in the UK will be because there's a large British Army base there. Think they're in the process of shutting it down and bringing the troops back to British bases, but it remains for now at least.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Naylor saying bought to play alongside Dunk and not to replace him...

I know i am stating the obvious but it is an either/or scenario.

At the moment Fulham possibly haven't hit the ceiling where we keep turning them away. However there is every possibility that they might do and by signing this lad we are covering that eventuality. Worst case scenario, if we lose Dunk he replaces him. Best case scenario they both play together.

Another way to check is to see whether he is a left sided or a right sided Central defender as CH doesn't like to play central defenders NOT on their natural side.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I know i am stating the obvious but it is an either/or scenario.

At the moment Fulham possibly haven't hit the ceiling where we keep turning them away. However there is every possibility that they might do and by signing this lad we are covering that eventuality. Worst case scenario, if we lose Dunk he replaces him. Best case scenario they both play together.

Another way to check is to see whether he is a left sided or a right sided Central defender as CH doesn't like to play central defenders NOT on their natural side.

Transfer Market says both feet http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/uwe-hunemeier/profil/spieler/10503

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You're the hun that I want, you're the hun I want, ooh ooh ooh (complete with Buzzer's over actor in mind)

Edited to say, whoops, Buzzer's over actor

Outstanding!

Provided the first part of his surname sounds similar to honey, we've got:

You're the Hun that I want
Oo-oo-oo, Hune
The Hun that I want
Oo-oo-oo, Hune
The Hun that I want
Oo-oo-oo, the Hun I need
Oh, yes, indeed

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I imagine the only real awareness of Paderborn in the UK will be because there's a large British Army base there. Think they're in the process of shutting it down and bringing the troops back to British bases, but it remains for now at least.

Big military link of course, primarily through Sennelager a town outside, I think Paderborns more recent history is through Nixdorf computers.

I am sure I read that one of our young pros Dad, Willshire ?? played for them at some point back in the 80's, think there was a bit on goldstonewrap.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hmmm not sure. He was captain for a few games under Hyypia last season, and it seemed to coincide with a downturn in his form. Something in my water tells me he isn't captain material, but I could be proved wrong.

You are often proved wrong about most things, so I would expect Dunk to be fine captain if Hughton were to make him so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have I missed "wouldn't happen in Germany"? Can't be arsed to tear through 19 pages.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Nice pic of Hunemeier flying home after a hot crucifix accident. Bizarrely, he has a seat right in front of Badly Drawn Boy and Phil Mitchell's ex missus

image.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To Sam Smiths "I know im not the only one"

Uwe, I'm crazy.
And I know our singing's worse than a choir
But when, you clear the ball out
I can't help but sing about Hunemeier.

To "Sex on Fire"

Uuuweeeeeeeee, uwe Hunemeier
Uuuweeeeeeeee, signed from Bundesliga

To Electric Six's "Gay Bar"

Girl, I prefer Uwe Hunemeier
I prefer Hunemeier
I prefer Hunemeir, meier, meier

Score. He's gonna score.
I really hope he's gonna score
Hunemeier, meier, meier WOW.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To Sam Smiths "I know im not the only one"

Uwe, I'm crazy.
And I know our singing's worse than a choir
But when, you clear the ball out
I can't help but sing about Hunemeier.

To "Sex on Fire"

Uuuweeeeeeeee, uwe Hunemeier
Uuuweeeeeeeee, signed from Bundesliga

To Electric Six's "Gay Bar"

Girl, I prefer Uwe Hunemeier
I prefer Hunemeier
I prefer Hunemeir, meier, meier

Score. He's gonna score.
I really hope he's gonna score
Hunemeier, meier, meier WOW.

Posh Spice is a slapper
She sucks like a hoover
And when she's shagging Beckham
She's thinking of Uwe

#Traditions

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Posh Spice is a slapper
She sucks like a hoover
And when she's shagging Beckham
She's thinking of Uwe

#Traditions

To Backstreet Boys "I want it that way"

Hunemeier, if he leaves it'll cause me heartache
Hunemeier, It's a pain that I just cant take
Hunemeier, Please promise me you'll always stay
Cos I want you Uwe.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Greer has been average for awhile , no shock to me the club would be looking to strengthen .

I think GG is currently worth his starting place given what we have. I also think this giuy can be better. I fancy him and Dunk as a much more assertive partnership playing higher up the pitch. If Gordon has a particular fault in my view it's that he compensates for a lack of pace by sitting too deep. It can be very effective but it can also invite the opposition on to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here