Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Utd v Brentford tonight

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Especially with the semi final coming up, we definitely wouldn't want any of the Utd players getting injuries. We want to face their best side of course.
Fair point. Otherwise it would be disrespecting the occasion.

Nobody wants that.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
What does he do when Mitoma scores!

He is not good at forecasting if Mitoma scores or not, but "meowing" can be the sign.

I mean, when EPL games are held, it's usually midnight here in Japan. I make it a rule not to eat nor drink late at night because I want to keep my current weight because I want myself to look young and beautiful. However, when my favorite Japanese footballers score for their European football clubs, I let myself drink and eat at midnight too. When I'm eating / drinking, he often meows because he also wants to eat something. Sometimes, he meows at midnight, and it might be the sign of Mitoma's goal coming ;)

Seriously, I want United to lose this game. I want to see Brighton playing in Champions League next season, so I want all Man U, New Castle, Spurs and Liverpool to lose!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Draw will be best result but i think Brentford will win.
Their work ethic will be enough against the individuals of Man Utd.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is not good at forecasting if Mitoma scores or not, but "meowing" can be the sign.

I mean, when EPL games are held, it's usually midnight here in Japan. I make it a rule not to eat nor drink late at night because I want to keep my current weight because I want myself to look young and beautiful. However, when my favorite Japanese footballers score for their European football clubs, I let myself drink and eat at midnight too. When I'm eating / drinking, he often meows because he also wants to eat something. Sometimes, he meows at midnight, and it might be the sign of Mitoma's goal coming ;)

Seriously, I want United to lose this game. I want to see Brighton playing in Champions League next season, so I want all Man U, New Castle, Spurs and Liverpool to lose!
What you, or l, want, we don't always get! Realism tells me that the Europa League is far more achievable.

Appearing in any sort of European competition would be amazing.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Draw is the best option, followed very closely by Brentford win. We should be looking up the table, not down. Man U can be caught given we still play them. ManU drop points tonight, we beat them at home and then match their results and we beat Man U on the table. Achieve that, and it's irrelevant what Brentford do as we'll beat them anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Draw is the best option, followed very closely by Brentford win. We should be looking up the table, not down. Man U can be caught given we still play them. ManU drop points tonight, we beat them at home and then match their results and we beat Man U on the table. Achieve that, and it's irrelevant what Brentford do as we'll beat them anyway.
So if you follow your logic of looking up table, then a Brentford win is preferable closely followed by the draw?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Manchester United, like Chelsea, like Tottenham and like Liverpool are bang average. Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford (and a resurgent Villa) are (currently) better sides. This really messes with the top six narrative. Having Brighton and Brentford in the mix completely screws over lazy, 24-hour a day, big club punditry. I want Brentford to SMASH ManU tonight. Could do with Declan Rice producing a worldy too - but Geordie Arabia will have too much for the ‘Ammers.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Whatever outcome results in a a point deduction for both as well as mass suspensions

Water Mar GIF by Greenplace TV

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As posted on the Premier League thread...

Both teams have a significantly worse GD than us. United's is 13 worse.

United win
Pro: Brentford will stay 3 points behind us having played 2 games more
Con: United will be 7 points ahead of us having played a game more.

Brentford win
Pro: United will stay 4 points ahead in 5th having played a game more
Con: Brentford will join us on 46 points having played 2 games more

Draw
Pro: United 5 points ahead having played a game more; Brentford 2 points behind having played 2 games more
Con: Not much

With Chelsea and Liverpool struggling and the chance of catching one of Newcastle, Spurs or United, I'd take a draw first,then away win.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Noot long ago, I'd have gone all in for a United win - they were sitting in third place, and my main priority was burning off our rivals for a place in the Europa League or the Conference. We still haven't quite burnt off Brentford, but suddenly United look more catchable (altough I feel Tottenham are our next target to catch) so I'll hope for a draw now.
Not a Brentford win though, please - that would put them up to 7th, level on points with us, and would encourage them that they were still in the chase.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Draw please.
Both teams dropping 2 points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here