Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Using a SKY HD "box" for Freesat

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I know, that's why I'm asking for alternatives.
Sorry, I read it as if you were asking if that would work. As it doesn't work, the box is now irrelevant.
You don't need a 'sky' box but a 'sky' box such as the one @Originunknown has offered will work. Any HD freesat box will work. If that was the one that no longer works due to SD being taken away just get an HD freesat box or HD sky box. It all comes from the same satellite the only difference is the channel guides. The only other consideration is if you record things.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Sorry, I read it as if you were asking if that would work. As it doesn't work, the box is now irrelevant.
You don't need a 'sky' box but a 'sky' box such as the one @Originunknown has offered will work. Any HD freesat box will work. If that was the one that no longer works due to SD being taken away just get an HD freesat box or HD sky box. It all comes from the same satellite the only difference is the channel guides. The only other consideration is if you record things.
Thanks, I posted the box I currently can't use in response to this post which in hindsight was probably referring to the box in my OP which I was asking about as a possible replacement:

1707987886634.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here