Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Useless SASTA

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
One of the reasons I no longer go to away games ( and yes, I know, bad fan ! ).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got the 9.43 from Southwick and just about scrambled a seat.
Got the 7.28 from Southampton Central and just about scrambled a seat.

BOTH times I was facing backwards. Disgusting.

On the way back I was also DYING for a piss by the time we got to Barnham. But having seen the queue of semi-monged party-boys swaying their way to the cubicle on the train, I decided my leaky old 50 year-old bladder would just have to suck it up. I can't even begin to imagine the piss-drenched carnage behind that sliding door.

I know I'm an old fart, but awaydays like today kind of put me off. The equaliser was a blast, but the sheer logistics are a weapons-grade ballache.

Yet if you'd jumped on the Victoria train, stepped off at Barham, then back onto the 7:28.

Not only would you have been able to sit down.
You could have done wee-wees at any time.
&
You would have been serenaded by a lovely lady from Havant showing a little too much boobie.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was on the 530 (delayed to 546 or thereabouts) from Southampton Central to Waterloo. Had seat to Clapham. And then - although it was busy, seat to Haywards Heath. Home at 815.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Chant of the year must go to the Saints fans though.
As the notices came up on the big screen the sound ramped up......
"One nil, and you're walking home
One nil, and you're walking home"
You had to smile.
Some Albion fans even joined in with the song.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Trains cancelled due to staff shortage may not be a surprise in Covid but cancelling direct Southampton to Brighton services and a connecting Pompey one looks like deliberately targeting Brighton fans.

Poor show - though on a personal note more drinking time to enjoy that equaliser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to make your delay repay claim, I got full refund for the journey to Norwich and back again

el punal

You can always count on SASTA to f*** up your day. As an Albion fan living in Southampton yesterday was a breeze! For home games though I catch the Southern Bullet Train to Brighton and back. What many of you experienced yesterday is a regular occurrence for me and my muckers following the mighty stripes. I always dread Barnham, when the train stops there you wait for that tinny P.A. announcement that goes “Southern are sorry to announce that this service terminates here”. This is then followed by the A to Z list of SASTA excuses as to why and what WE (the paying customers) should do. Hey, ho!

Anyway, hope you all got home safely . . . . eventually. :cheers:

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Don't forget to make your delay repay claim, I got full refund for the journey to Norwich and back again

Nice one, have just done mine and have asked my son to do the same for his. The refund will help pay for the extra beers we had whilst stranded!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wasn't too bad in the end for us. Got to the station and got the train to Clapham, had four seats altogether, and then from Clapham got the train back to B/Hill, again all four together. Probably took us an extra half hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here