Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Useless PPE fly-tipped. Tons and tons of it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think they might be stretching the terms "fly-tipping" and "nature reserve" slightly for clicks

View attachment 162496

New headline: People store loads of PPE outside at a warehouse in Totton.
To be fair, the nature reserve is on the other side of the bridge.

It is still an inordinate amount of PPE, not fit for purpose, waiting to be disposed of. If it isn't fit for use, it isn't fit to sell.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think they might be stretching the terms "fly-tipping" and "nature reserve" slightly for clicks

View attachment 162496

New headline: People store loads of PPE outside at a warehouse in Totton.
quite. headline about it being fly tipped, followed by quotes from councillors saying they dont know what it is, if it should be there. and the horror this could happen in their county (wake up this happens everywhere). you'd have thought they (the journalist) might have made a few questions, been round and asked the neighbouring business for comment. probably just regurgitating a local news item with minimal effort. then twits pick it up. laddle on assumptions and off we go.

i suppose "council investigates suspicious PPE storage" doesnt sound remotely interesting.

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
the mountain of equipment dumped in the New Forest town of Calmore, bordering Testwood Lakes Nature Reserve and AFC Totton Football Club.

I'm sure @TottonSeagull will help us out here with more detail.
It's all been dumped behind a building site that will be a big Aldi,. The access lane is next to AFC Totton's ground. No one is taking responsibility for it ................ would need to be a big transit for fly tipping!!

The latest is it is getting bagged up and moved to a recycling plant. No one knows how long it has been there and suggestions are it's been there a while! Probably one of Hancock's cronies that received £millions in Covid!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's all been dumped behind a building site that will be a big Aldi,. The access lane is next to AFC Totton's ground. No one is taking responsibility for it ................ would need to be a big transit for fly tipping!!

The latest is it is getting bagged up and moved to a recycling plant. No one knows how long it has been there and suggestions are it's been there a while! Probably one of Hancock's cronies that received £millions in Covid!!!
Thanks, so dumped not stored. Yes, fly tipping sounds dramatic but dumped is nearly as bad imo.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
A lot of PPE has an expiray date, so it's highly likely that date has now been reached, so shouldn't be used / issued anymore

One of the main reasons why it couldn't be stockpiled in vast quantities, in advance of any potential pandemic
We had PPE purchased for previous pandemic scares, like swine flu, bird flu and SARS, but most of that will have been disposed of / destroyed before Covid struck due to those expiry dates

Is there anything saying it's also come from a public service, and not from, say a private company (maybe one who manufactured / sold PPE when global demand was at it's peak? or brought loads but found they no longer require it (especially as storage space will also be an issue, maybe it's from a company that has gone bust ?, etc....)

As with our modern society, so many quick to condemn, jump to conclusions without first trying to establish any facts first (trial by social media / public opinion, etc)
These "use by" dates for masks and the like makes me smile. Its not as if they're made of hummingbird wings.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A lot of PPE has an expiray date, so it's highly likely that date has now been reached, so shouldn't be used / issued anymore

One of the main reasons why it couldn't be stockpiled in vast quantities, in advance of any potential pandemic
We had PPE purchased for previous pandemic scares, like swine flu, bird flu and SARS, but most of that will have been disposed of / destroyed before Covid struck due to those expiry dates

Is there anything saying it's also come from a public service, and not from, say a private company (maybe one who manufactured / sold PPE when global demand was at it's peak? or brought loads but found they no longer require it (especially as storage space will also be an issue, maybe it's from a company that has gone bust ?, etc....)

As with our modern society, so many quick to condemn, jump to conclusions without first trying to establish any facts first (trial by social media / public opinion, etc)

You are absolutely right, we should wait until the results of a completely independent enquiry taking into account all the facts regarding the illegal fast track supply of PPE (if the current Government doesn't manage stop the whole enquiry through the courts first) before we claim 'It's a witch hunt', 'they're all the same', 'it's a kangaroo court' etc, etc, etc

If I was you, I'd save those excuses until the report :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here