Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Useless musical fact that sticks in your brain...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Following the Lemmy theme,
Lemmy taught Sid Vicious how to play bass when the share a squat together in London

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cliff Richard played bongos on The Shadows' 'Apache'

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Neil Sedaka's 1960s world wide hit 'Oh Carol' was written about fellow song writer and later the massive album 'Tapestry' Carol King. They used to write songs together in New York's famed Brill Building. Other writers who worked there were Neil Diamond, Burt Bacharach, Hal David, Paul Simon and Phil Spector.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
And lest we forget, the song "Motorhead" by Motorhead is actually a cover version.

The original was recorded by Hawkwind before Lemmy got kicked out (for getting himself arrested on a US tour if I recall).

Never heard about him playing for Wizzard & can't see the likelihood myself however more undisputable Lemmy facts....

His dad was a vicar :angel:

Was a roadie for Jimi Hendrix :angel:

Bass player for Hawkwind's best stuff in their classic 1972-1975 era and did indeed do vocals for Silver Machine :bowdown:

Wrote 'Motorhead' while in Hawkwind and was shortly after sacked after being arrested for alleged Cocaine possession (felony)while either going in or out of Canada/USA - was later was found out to be speed (misdemeanour) but was still slung out by the rest of the band - terrible mistake which they never recovered from IMO:mad:

Living proof you can subsist on speed and booze:lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I must be a bit OCD as I know 99% of these titbits... I'm far too retentive!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Captain Sensible novelty single "Happy Talk" was recorded on the spur of the moment when they were very drunk and high and decided to go into the studio and mess around. If you ahve a decent enough stereo and listen carefuly, near the end of the song Sensible can be heard shouting "I'm such a happy C*nt" which wasn't picked up until the single had been released and charted.

Can you pinpoint the time?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Lloyd Cole is the only artist ever to have the question of his song title answered.
His 1980s hit Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken? was answered 22 years later by Scottish band Camera Obscura with with their tune “Lloyd, I’m Ready To Be Heartbroken.”

Do I get saddo bragging rights?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Elvis Costellos old man was in the r whites lemonade ad in the 70's, but i'm sure you all knew that anyway!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry to correct you but you but in fact the original 'Steely Dan' was a strap on from the Williams Burroughs novel 'The Naked Lunch'.

William Burroughs must be the author who has contributed most band names: I can't think of another writer who comes close.

He's given us Steely Dan, Soft Machine (and Matching Mole, the Soft Machine off-shoot, machine molle being French for Soft Machine), Dead Fingers Talk, The Heavy Metal Kids and The Mugwumps.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sheryl Crow was once a backing singer for Michael Jackson.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Buffalo Springfield took their name from a make of farm tractor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here