Useless musical fact that sticks in your brain...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The opening riff of Guns and Roses Sweet Child Of Mine was what Slash originally used to tune his guitar

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My house was once the address for the Brian Connolly Fan Club.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The verse and chorus to Madness' 'House of Fun' were recorded at different times, and the chorus is very slightly faster than the verses.

In 1969, The Bee Gees were going to record a cover of Bob Dylan's 'Lay Lady Lay', but didn't because the couldn't work out what the second line was, and it may well have been rude, so they passed on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Slayer played the entire Reign in Blood album at break-neck speed, for an encore, once.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Derek and the Dominoes 'Layla' was written about George Harrison's then wife, Patti Boyd. She subsequently married and then divorced Eric Clapton.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Hard rocking Lemmy from Motorhead was in Roy Woods group Wizzard and can be seen playing bass on the video for "I wish it could be Christmas everyday"!
He was also in Hawkwind and sang lead vocals on their only single hit "Silver machine"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rush's single "The Spirit of Radio" was about Toronto (Brampton actually) radio station CFNY 102.1 and if you have a vinyl copy the master number is 1021.

Be rude not to...

[yt]MdLUx_F2FUA[/yt]

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Joy Division got their name from activities within concentration camps in second world war.

The “Joy Division” was the corps of young women kept in the camp for the pleasure of Nazi officers on leave.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Before becoming Elvis Presley's manager, Colonel Tom Parker ran a troupe of dancing chickens. The chickens would stand on a wire mesh which The Colonel would electrify causing the chickens to "dance".

I thought that was Colonel Sanders.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The 'new Lennon & McCartney' Songwriters, Difford & Tilbrook rarely wrote together. Chris Difford would write lyrics then leave them for Glenn tilbrook to put music to.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Captain Sensible novelty single "Happy Talk" was recorded on the spur of the moment when they were very drunk and high and decided to go into the studio and mess around. If you ahve a decent enough stereo and listen carefuly, near the end of the song Sensible can be heard shouting "I'm such a happy C*nt" which wasn't picked up until the single had been released and charted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MC Skat Kat, the animated feline character in Paula Abdul's 1989 music video "Opposites Attract", was superimposed onto the screen to cover up the original 'real life' dancer in the video, who was none other than martial arts mogul Steven Seagal.

Seagal allegedly had great difficulty pulling off some of the more intricate dance moves, particularly on the stairs, and was described as having "fundamental rhythm issues" by Abdul's then-manager Harvey Boyce.

Following a harrowing rape allegation against Seagal by an illegal immigrant from Bolivia (later dropped), it was decided to remove Seagal completely from the video by superimposing MC Skat Kat over his image.

Seagal was only paid half his original fee.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Chart star Ivor Biggun of 'the Wanker song' fame is none other than Doc Cox from thats Life. (one for the kids there.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode was actually released right at the start of 1990, rather than in the 80s, which annoys me as I see it as the ultimate 80s tune in every way.

Oh well, just has to be the best song released in the 90s then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports