Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA/Canada/Australia

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I wish my ancestors had had the gumption to emigrate, grandparents from all corners of the UK, wish they had headed across the oceans! If just one had had the gumption

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe you could have the Gumption???? Why wish others had when you could do it yourself?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Although I'm not convinced the process for my kid now, or for me in 90s is as straight forward as my parents and grandparents faced in 30s, 50s and 60s. Still, training my boys up to head elsewhere.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wish my ancestors had had the gumption to emigrate, grandparents from all corners of the UK, wish they had headed across the oceans! If just one had had the gumption
Then you wouldn't exist.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just emigrated to NZ, and my first day at work was today. The whole country is so refreshing. Everything is clean, the people are nice and I've not seen a single sheep yet.

Do it, you may find you like it.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Just emigrated to NZ, and my first day at work was today. The whole country is so refreshing. Everything is clean, the people are nice and I've not seen a single sheep yet.

Do it, you may find you like it.

You may not see too many sheep in Downtown Auckland but when you go beyond the Metropolis, they are there a plenty.

I spent 18 months working in NZ years ago. I'm sure its changed lots. People make comments about it being behind the times. Not so much that, but its 'different'. Like all countries, it has its unique character.

Many people emigrate for the wrong reasons. Other's think it will be just like 'home' but with a warmer climate & higher standard of living. They are often disappointed & realise the grass isn't always greener. Its a choice that needs a lot of thought. When people start making comparisons, ie: this isn't as good as we get back home or yearning for Marks & Spencer or Tesco products, that is often the start of a return ticket for many.

To anyone who is under the age of 30 & has the opportunity of a working holiday in Australia, New Zealand or Canada, I would say go for it. The same rules apply - Make sure you do your homework first. Most countries have quota's now for TWP applicants. Anyone interested needs to find out when the books open for applications.

Sounds like you've hit the ground running anyway. Good luck, hope it works out.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
always have a little chuckle to myself when people say moving to an english speaking country is hard

i moved to france 4 years ago,took quite a few shit jobs along the way,but have finally got a job with a contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here