Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US Open tennis official thread

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Another injury time out as soon as Murray builds up some momentum, leading 2-1 in the fourth set. Psychology.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Erectile dysfunction adverts at this time of night? :lolol:

5-3 Wawrinka.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
class day of tennis today! first on Monfils and Gasquet which Monfils is leading at moment and later Wozniaki v Sharapova:thumbsup: also Djokovic Fish could be a cracker.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And to tonight's action, why on earth is Vera still playing this girl? She should have completely killed her off by now! Some silly shots and clever tactics from Kaia have kept this match alive... it really should be over by now. And it's delaying what will be the match of the tournament so far, with Novak Djokovic preparing to take on (And take down) Gael Monfils (or Gael Monflair for the flairists amongst you).

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Monfils does boast a rather flamboyant style I'll admit, but if you want the definition of flair within tennis, look no further than Janko Tipsarevic - who incidentally was knocked out by Monfils in the 3rd round. :blush:

386504-janko-tipsarevic.jpg

:love:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is pretty flair, but he loses too much to be an icon... whereas Monfils actually goes deep into competitions and is probably the only tennis player to slide on every surface he plays on! People moan that his game is too one-dimensional... I hate that. ALL he does is attack, and good for him! All out attack and all out flair in the process, great to watch, not neccessarily the best match tactics, but always good to watch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Vera is really cute.:love:

Wrong thread, you should be in the bizarre crushes thread... Possibly. I agree, though. Did you watch the American last year, with the lovely Melanie Oudin? She seemed such a cutie at the time, but then when you googled her... the attraction was left on the court.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a first point! :clap2:

I told you this would be the match of the tournament so far. And so it shall be. Enjoy, folks.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What a first point! :clap2:

I told you this would be the match of the tournament so far. And so it shall be. Enjoy, folks.

Match of the tournament was last night, Verdasco v Ferrer. The competition for that title is already over. Looking forward to this one for sure though. Hoping Soderling can bring his A game tonight as well.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
eckon Djokovic will win this. Monfils is buzzing but Djokovic has been getting better and better and has the edge and experience to come through this one. Still that attempted through the legs while about 3 feet in the air from Monfils was pure flair:laugh:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Match of the tournament was last night, Verdasco v Ferrer. The competition for that title is already over. Looking forward to this one for sure though. Hoping Soderling can bring his A game tonight as well.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see that game, I've missed alot of this tournament through waiting for new glasses. Really disappointed to have missed so much actually.

I backed Novak to win before the tournament started, and it's looking pretty strong now. I've always liked Novak, and if he can avoid getting a mental injury if things start going against him against Federer ( :thumbsup: ), he'll go all the way.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Ladies semi-finals tonight.

Caroline Wozniacki v Vera Zvonareva.
Venus Williams v Kim Clijsters.

Worth staying in for. Got £20 on Venus to win her semi (6/4).

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I love Wozniacki. If Cher Lloyd off X Factor wont have me, she'll have to do. Actually scrap that, I LOVE a sporty girl, I think shes the one.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
this Williames Clijsters match is class. What the ladies side of the draw has needed..these two are really a level up from the two on earlier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here